Play golf

Hello everyone,

I move to Saigon 2 years ago from Canada. I'm a designer working in different field, all link in functional products and spaces (interior and furniture).

I would love to meet new people interested in Golf, I started to learn/practice 5 months ago. I look to play twice per week, early morning week day preferably. If any one looking to join or know friends who play and need extra player, please let me know.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Best,
Karl

I am a rabid golfer. However I live in DaLat. I travel throughout VN and Asia playing though and would love to find someone to play with on SOME of the courses in or near HCM as some require a minimum of 2 players. Twin Doves is won. So, if you would like to send me your contact info via PM, and will let you know whenI am in town and we can go play. Or if you would like to go to the driving range we might do that. Welcome to the sport, and don't get addicted..but hoe you do. I play 7 days a week!!! So I am not yet addicted.

Hi Karl,

I am in District 1 for the next 6 weeks & an avid golfer. I have not played in Vietnam, nor do I have golf clubs here.

Can you suggest a course nearby & possibly hiring clubs?

Vietnam Golf and Country club is a great course. It is D9

I know the OP play the one by the airport of the same name.

Many thanks for the info. I am in Dalat at the moment & back to HCM next week, will check it out. Cheers

I live in DL would you like to pay while your here. We do have clubs you can rent. If you have the time and desire I will be playing in Nha Trang next week and Danang for a few days on the 15Th

My toe is buggered up right now. Tried to practice today but couldn't. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Many thanks for your kind offer, I have commitments that I can't break. Much appreciated for your invitation. Cheers

Hi nice to meet you.

This is Minu from Korea.

I have started playing Golf 4 months ago in Saigon.

I sometimes go to golf club, so if you want to join us, please let me know~

BE.

Many thanks for your kind offer, what days & time do you play?

Not regularly.

If you are interested in, let's make a schedule ~.

I felt twindoves golf club is good~!

I have been looking for someone to play Twin Doves with me forever. You must have a twosome to play there. All black can not travel that far away from home because his wife does not allow it. He has to play near the airplanes!!😀😀😀 PM me and maybe we can hook up when I am in town.

My times are limited, I prefer mornings

And his leash is short!😀 Just teasing allblack

That was my first wife you were writing about, my second wife tried but failed to keep me in harness.

Good comeback!

You shooting 10's yet allback?

Hahaha

Yes morning play is not bad.

Allblack and me, Diazo can you join us?

I would if you can get his commander to let him go so far away from home. But he will be shooting well under par before that happens. I come to HCM ever Wed. and could play in the early AM though. if you guys ever get anything going.

Used to play off 10 years ago,  major shoulder operation has nuked that. blown out to 20>
Still love the game, even though it spoils a good walk. My youngest son plays of 8>

And that is with number one being a par 3

Whoops , some happened to my other post which renders the above meaningless. I was responding to allblack game. I am playing to a 8 I said. Which makes it hard to recover on the next 17 holes. And we start in a par 3

Golf in Vietnam can be expensive for some. (Like me) All the courses are attached to resorts which do have beautiful courses on good acreage.
For example, in Thailand the army/Navy or Air Force maintain some of the acreage allocated to their bases as golf courses.
The courses aren't in the league of the resorts, but are well maintained by the hordes of recruits.
The public is allowed access to these courses and for a very very reasonable fee you get to play any day of the week, including public holidays. That includes the services of a trained Caddy and for a little extra a buggy can be added. In Vietnam the game is only for the well heeled, or tourists that come to visit more than the bars in D1.

I am ex Air Force many years ago, I have my old tags back in Oz, next time I will bring them & see what that does?