Long term social visit Pass for My Mom

Hi everyone,
I am a foreigner working in Malaysia. I am planning to bring my Mom to Malaysia to stay with me.
Could anyone please share with me what is the current process to apply for this?
I have checked online at malaysian immigration but there is no clear information on this.
Thanked.

Hi,

Why you do not apply for Dependent Pass for your mom.

Somewhere I found these details.

Dependent Pass:

Once your DP10 work permit is approved, you can bring following family members under “Dependent Pass” in  Malaysia:

Husband/Wife
Children (under 21 years of age)
Parents
Required documents:

Passport copy of principal DP10 work permit holder(All Pages)
Passport copy of Dependent (All Pages)
Proof of relationship (Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, etc. The copies MUST be ATTESTED by the Embassy of the applicant)
Process duration:

Approximately 2 weeks

Documents Required

Cover letter and Letter of Authority from the company.
    Form DP11A with recent passport size photograph.
  Proof of relationship with the Expatriate (a translated copy has to be certified by an Embassy official if the document is neither written in English nor in the Malay language).
    A photocopy of the complete Dependant's Passport (Two copies for PRC citizens)
    A photocopy of the complete Expatriate's Passport.
Fee

Passes – RM90.00 per year or part thereof
Processing fee – RM50.00
Journey Performed Visa Fee – RM500.00 ( if relevant)
Visa fee – according to the nationality of the individual

Thanks Harshisr!
I think this procedure isnt updated in immigration website?
But i think i wil follow this! I willl call their hotline to double check.
Thanks!

Hi,

May I know the update?
Have you been able to apply dependent pass for your mom?

Thank you.

Page 25 - https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/esdguidebook-v3.pdf

SOCIAL VISIT PASS (LONG TERM)
Eligibility criteria:
Children above 18 years old and unmarried of Employment Pass holder; OR
Parents & Parents-in-law of Employment Pass holder.; OR
Common law spouse of Employment Pass holder can be considered

Features:
Allows the holder to stay in West Malaysia
Employment is not allowed and requires conversion to Employment Pass
One (1) time application and change of partner is not allowed for common law spouse

Documents required:
Recent passport photo
Copy of passport (full booklet with cover)
Copy of Birth Certificate (for children above 18 years old) translated* into English
(if applicable) and Certified True Copy (CTC) by the Embassy/High Commission/Consulate
General of respective country OR respective Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General
in Malaysia
Copy of Birth Certificate of Employment Pass holder / Employment Pass holder's spouse
(for Parents and Parents-in-law) translated* into English (if applicable) and Certified True
Copy (CTC) by the Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General of respective country OR
respective Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General in Malaysia
Affidavit / Acknowledgement letter from the Employment Pass holder's Embassy /
Consulate General on the relationship status (for common law spouse)
Personal Bond form (duly stamped by Inland Revenue Board);
Other documents specified upon request

* Translation must be done either by the Respective Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate General or Institut Terjemahan Buku Malaysia

Hi Gravitas ,

As you had posted the required documents for Social visit Pass(Long Term) for parents. does this process need to go through from my company or i can just go to Malaysia immigration and apply my self?

Thanks

Check with immigration. I guess they will need a VDR to enter Malaysia, after approval

Hi all,
I am currently in KL on dependent pass along with my kids. My mom is here on tourist visa for a month and we would like to convert her visa to a long term social visit pass.
My mom does not have her birth certificate. Can someone please guide me how to get the social visit pass? Can the Indian embassy help me for the required docs?
My dependent visa was processed by hubby's company so we did not have to get any docs attested.

Hi all,
I am currently in KL on dependent pass along with my kids. My mom is here on tourist visa for a month and we would like to convert her visa to a long term social visit pass.
My mom does not have her birth certificate. Can someone please guide me how to get the social visit pass? Can the Indian embassy help me for the required docs?
My dependent visa was processed by hubby's company so we did not have to get any docs attested.