Dengue Fever in Efate, Vanuatu

We are considering moving back to live in Efate - but are concerned about the increase risk of getting Dengue Fever from mosquitoes.
We used to live on Devils Point Rd and are considering moving back there.

Is the govt there doing any spraying etc. Are any areas on Efate worse than others?
Also is the risk just in the wet season - or all year around?

Thanks

We have lived in Efate for 9 years, and have never had dengue. True we are careful when we go outside and spray. All windows have insect screens. Even if you did get it, it's not a huge deal, there are much worse afflictions to be lumbered with. Yes, it's mainly in the wet season, but if you take care, make sure you are sprayed you should be fine. Please don't give up Vanuatu just for that.

Back in the '70s when my wife and I lived in Vila (1972-75), dengue was pretty rare - although I once caught common-or-garden malaria on the boat out to Mele Island to play squash - or maybe coming back. I can't recall what anti-mosquito program the colonial governments had going in those days, if any; we took our tablets regularly, and sprayed ourselves with something. I'd hate to think things haven't improved since then!

For anybody interested in what life was like at that time, here is a link to a collection of stories a friend of mine has gotten together. Fun to read.
http://neilbegley.com.au/stories/