Indian citizen marrying a German national in Germany

Hello,
i have gone through several discussions but could not find a specific to my concern. Excuse me if the topic was already discussed.
I am an Indian citizen living in Germany for almost 8 years and holding Niederlassungserlaubnis. Me and my German girlfriend are in a living relationship for 4 years. Last year we decided to get marry in July 2017. We inquired well in time (9 months before) our standesamt for the required documents. A lady there just sent a list via post and nothing more. Now after providing most of the documents by end of March, she is saying that my documents (birth certificate, marriageability certificate with apostille) need to be checked by German consulate in Mumbai. My questions are;
· The doubt on authenticity remains even after showing multiple documents (some produced in Germany as well) with exactly same information?
- We have also consulted 2 other Standesamts and they see it differently. With all those documents and complete case they don't foresee a need of Consulate's verification. Do we have a chance to ask another person from the same Standesamt? Or can we go to other Standesamt w/o living in that region?
As we have little less than 3 months from now on till the planned date and all reservations are done (incl. Standesamt where we are marrying), we are under extreme stress. It will be extremely helpful to get your views, suggestions and experiences.
Thanks in advance!
Shree.

Shree13 wrote:

· The doubt on authenticity remains even after showing multiple documents (some produced in Germany as well) with exactly same information?

The officer in charge can decide by him/herself which kinds of checks are needed to verify that the information you submitted is correct.
If you feel this is unreasonable or unjustified, you can file a complaint with his/her superior.

Shree13 wrote:

- We have also consulted 2 other Standesamts and they see it differently. With all those documents and complete case they don't foresee a need of Consulate's verification. Do we have a chance to ask another person from the same Standesamt? Or can we go to other Standesamt w/o living in that region?

I think marrying outside of your residential area is possible, but you better confirm that with the Standesamt in question.
Apart from that, the remaining three months might not be enough to arrange the formalities again at another location.

This topic reminds me of what I posted several times before (based on own experience):
Marrying in Germany as a foreigner cannot be recommended, because the authorities make it a very frustrating, costly and time-consuming excercise.
It is much easier to marry elsewhere (e.g. Denmark, Las Vegas, Singapore) and get the foreign marriage registered here.

Hi Beppi, thanks for your reply! Our issue is also that standesamtin didn't give a personal appointment to explain all that.
Through various forums i have found that they either ask for apostille and parents affidavit or they verify it through embassy.
Anyway we will ask at one or the other place and try our luck. All documents from our side are reday. Only major thing now is to get the ehefähigkeitszeugniss from OLG.
You are right that doing all those formalities in Germany is pain in the ass and one should start more than a year ago.