Gymnastics

Hi everyone! My family and I have been looking into moving to Belize for quite a while, however one of our requirements in that there is gymnastics (we have a son who's dream is to make the Olympics) and I've been unable to find anything online indicating that there's any gymnastics in Belize. Hoping some of you can be some help!

Thanks in adavance!

I'm not aware of a gymnastics club in Belize. The closest thing that I know of would be the Belize City Tumblers. They've been around for decades and perform in parades, at basketball games etc.
Maybe contact the National Sports Council at 207-5106 or 227-2051.

In the last olympics a Belize girl was in the American team and got several medals but she did her training in the US from Quite young.

I remember there being something in Belize City because I remember reading an article about a group from the states donating equipment. Could have been the tumblers, though.

Let us know what you find out.

Kristin

terrific wrote:

In the last olympics a Belize girl was in the American team and got several medals but she did her training in the US from Quite young.

Simone Biles is actually an American athlete born in Ohio. She has never lived in Belize although she did visit for a week or so each year. Her father is from Ohio and her mother is from Belize but was living in the US at the time of her birth. The mother she refers to in interviews is actually her grandmother who still lives in Belize. After her birth she was adopted by her Belizean grandmother when her biological parents were unable to care for her or her sisters due to drug abuse. She has dual citizenship as a result of her mother originally being from Belize, but, that relationship is the extent of her ties to Belize.

Kenzie_case430 wrote:

Hi everyone! My family and I have been looking into moving to Belize for quite a while, however one of our requirements in that there is gymnastics (we have a son who's dream is to make the Olympics) and I've been unable to find anything online indicating that there's any gymnastics in Belize. Hoping some of you can be some help!

Thanks in adavance!

Belize is not a country that invests much into the developement of athletes especially, at a professional or olympic level. Simone Biles has been adopted by Belize but the country had little if anything to do with her rise to the top of her sport. I would recommend that you consider visiting the few athletic teams here in Belize. You may find that your son has already advanced beyond what he might learn in Belize. Most athletes with a high apptitude or natural talent in an area of sport either settle for being among the best in Belize, or will travel to the US (or elsewhere) to receive training if they wish to advance themselves to participate on a world stage.

I don't mean to be negative, just sharing the "unbelizeable truth".

I hope this helps.