Primary Schools and beach life in Mauritius!

Hi!  We are looking for advice on a great location that combines a nice town on the coast (Grand Baie?) with a good quality, English speaking primary school. Our children are currently 5 and 7. Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Do check these posts https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=63284

Thanks Gawesh, I read that but worried it was a little dated. 😀

True, it's dated but still mostly relevant.

What we have seen is that the choice of your dwelling depends on several factors:
1) your activity in Mauritius
2) your preferences (e.g you like to live in tourist area, you like to live among other expats, you like to blend it etc)
3) your means of transport
4) and lots of other factors.

Mauritius is a relatively small island compared to the UK. Despite that you can still experience similar commuting time as in London due to the traffic congestion and public transport problems that we have.

Cheers
GJ

Yes I think I need to explain in a little more detail! We need a community with shops and other facilities. All we need for work is good broadband internet. Max 10 minutes drive to school ideally.

You'd maybe find your way either in Grand Bay (and its surroundings) or Tamarin / Flic en Flac (south west).

Both have what you need: school within some minutes, good internet connection, shops and other amenities.

Thanks very much Nadeem 😀