Close

Bangkok, Thailand

Hi Friends!

I am Kedar, single, born and brought up in Mumbai, India, travelling about 10 years of my life in Qatar, UAE, Malaysia, the UK, Indonesia and finally in Thailand. I have been working as a Contracts and Projects Manager since 13 years of my life span for projects worth USD 770 Mn. ranging from Oil & Gas, Desalination plant, power projects, Infrastructure and Manufacturing . I am BE Civil, M.Tech (Str),MBA(Fin), MBA(Project Management), LLM (Intl Commercial Law), LLM (Intl Business Law) and a Diploma in Contracts Management.

Thailand is place of culture and tradition with more of business opportunities rather than employment for expats. People are kind hearted and are very friendly, however can only communicate in their local language, some do speak good English but are seldom found. The traffic is dreadful at peak hours since morning 7 am till 11 am and later at 5 pm to 8 pm due to majority of office employees driving individual car. Even though with a good infrastructure ( bus service, MRT, BTS, taxis etc) there are traffic snarls.  I was working here since 2013 as Group Contracts and Projects Manager with a UK based company , however due to low Oil and Gas prices, as part of strategic decision from our parent company , the Thailand Facility was shutdown in March 2017. Currently, I am searching for a good opportunity, however it is difficult to find a good remuneration and  opportunity as majority of the companies prefer their local inhabitants . I approached at least 15-20 international recruiting agencies but all efforts are in vain.   

I continue my journey in Thailand as I find it as my second home and will try my endeavor to secure a good job !

Hi Kedar007 and welcome on board.

We thank you for introducing yourself and wish you all the best in your future endeavours. :)

Good luck.

Regards,

Sarvesh
expat.com team

Expatriate health insurance in Bangkok

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bangkok

Moving to Bangkok

Find tips from professionals about moving to Bangkok

International Wealth Management

Get advice from well-reputed and experienced international wealth managers regarding your financial affairs

Travel insurance in Bangkok

Enjoy stress-free travel to Bangkok