Close

Traveling with a Permesso di Soggiorno

Hi all,
I am new to this forum. I am a Sri Lankan passport holder married to an Italian, and I have a question regarding the Permesso di Soggiorno. I have just obtained this a couple of months ago. My husband's job is currently based in an Asian country so we need to go live there. Would I be able to re-enter Italy with the Permesso di Soggiorno or will I have to apply for a Schengen visa? Will my Permesso di Soggiorno become invalid if I'm no longer living in the country (we will be temporarily staying in this Asian country for a few years)? Any help would be much appreciated!
Regards,
Turtle

locoturtlecmb :

Would I be able to re-enter Italy with the Permesso di Soggiorno or will I have to apply for a Schengen visa? Will my Permesso di Soggiorno become invalid if I'm no longer living in the country (we will be temporarily staying in this Asian country for a few years)? Any help would be much appreciated!
Regards,
Turtle

1.  Yes you can re-enter Italy, as long as it is valid
2.  Yes, it WILL become invalid if you leave for over 6 months, you are considered to have abandoned your residence in Italy (which is true).

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi everyone,
I am living in Italy and I have 6 month permisso di Sigorno(residence permit) here.
According to italy law I can move with this permisso di sigorno in European Union with my passport Up to 3 months without visa and registeration.
My Question is, can I marry to my German girl friend  in Denmark with this permisso di sigorno?(valid For Six month with multiple entry in European union).
I will be wait for you reply
Regard's
Moody

Hi Romaniac,
Thank you for your helpful reply.
One more question: after we move, we would visit Italy every few months (we own and maintain an apartment here). Would I still be considered to have abandoned my residence?
Thanks!

Hallo,
I have already wrote a question about Marry in Denmark,but still I haven't got satisfied and  desires answers.
Now I just want to give you more hint about my situation and then I expect perhaps some body can post a satisfactory answer.

I have permisso di sigorno and passport and all document whicb are requires to marry a in Denmark.
My Question is can I marry with this 6 month permisso di sigorno in Denmark? Because one of my friend has been already married in Denmark with Carta permisso di sigiorno but not with 6 month PDS.
So please help me and explain me, do I have the same right to marry in Denmark like my friend who possess the Carta di PSD.

pls help
i need to travel to madrid / spain
from roma / italy
the travel is within schengen area
now the problem is that i dont have my new permesso di soggiorno card

- i have my old permesso di soogiorno card
- i have my new permesso di soggiorno reciept ( paper) - ricevuta
- some notary papers stating that my parents allow me and are handling all my expenses for my travel.
- i have my passport but with expired visa

can i travel ?  as my permesso card is still not ready and i need to travel soon

manshar :

pls help
from roma / italy

- some notary papers stating that my parents allow me and are handling all my expenses for my travel.

can i travel ?  as my permesso card is still not ready and i need to travel soon

Please search the forum, your question has been answered numerous times already.  Additionally, papers from your parents are beyond useless for traveling in the EU.

manshar :

pls help
from roma / italy

Why are you asking the same question on another thread?

Hi my name is danish originally from pakistan amd i live in italy i have permesso di soggiorno sussidiaria for 5 years and i want to visit canada and i am applyng tourist visa online from canadian website for canada.... They are asking my status in italy on that website i dont know what should i write (protected person) or (refugee claimant) or (permanent resident)???   Please help me in this little question i dont want to do mistake.....
Thanks

Danish bhutto :

Hi my name is danish originally from pakistan amd i live in italy i have permesso di soggiorno sussidiaria for 5 years and i want to visit canada and i am applyng tourist visa online from canadian website for canada.... They are asking my status in italy on that website i dont know what should i write (protected person) or (refugee claimant) or (permanent resident)???   Please help me in this little question i dont want to do mistake.....
Thanks

You should ask in the Canada forum, or just call the Canadian embassy and ask them.  Your question is off-topic and not about Italy

I understand but i live in italy right now and want to know meaning of prot : sussidiaria meaning its  a protected person or rafugee claimant....... If you can tell me just meaning i would be nice
Thanks

Danish bhutto :

I understand but i live in italy right now and want to know meaning of prot : sussidiaria meaning its  a protected person or rafugee claimant....... If you can tell me just meaning i would be nice
Thanks

It's for protected persons, not refugees