Traveling with a Permesso di Soggiorno

Hi all,
I am new to this forum. I am a Sri Lankan passport holder married to an Italian, and I have a question regarding the Permesso di Soggiorno. I have just obtained this a couple of months ago. My husband's job is currently based in an Asian country so we need to go live there. Would I be able to re-enter Italy with the Permesso di Soggiorno or will I have to apply for a Schengen visa? Will my Permesso di Soggiorno become invalid if I'm no longer living in the country (we will be temporarily staying in this Asian country for a few years)? Any help would be much appreciated!
Regards,
Turtle

locoturtlecmb wrote:

Would I be able to re-enter Italy with the Permesso di Soggiorno or will I have to apply for a Schengen visa? Will my Permesso di Soggiorno become invalid if I'm no longer living in the country (we will be temporarily staying in this Asian country for a few years)? Any help would be much appreciated!
Regards,
Turtle

1.  Yes you can re-enter Italy, as long as it is valid
2.  Yes, it WILL become invalid if you leave for over 6 months, you are considered to have abandoned your residence in Italy (which is true).

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi everyone,
I am living in Italy and I have 6 month permisso di Sigorno(residence permit) here.
According to italy law I can move with this permisso di sigorno in European Union with my passport Up to 3 months without visa and registeration.
My Question is, can I marry to my German girl friend  in Denmark with this permisso di sigorno?(valid For Six month with multiple entry in European union).
I will be wait for you reply
Regard's
Moody

Hi Romaniac,
Thank you for your helpful reply.
One more question: after we move, we would visit Italy every few months (we own and maintain an apartment here). Would I still be considered to have abandoned my residence?
Thanks!

Hallo,
I have already wrote a question about Marry in Denmark,but still I haven't got satisfied and  desires answers.
Now I just want to give you more hint about my situation and then I expect perhaps some body can post a satisfactory answer.

I have permisso di sigorno and passport and all document whicb are requires to marry a in Denmark.
My Question is can I marry with this 6 month permisso di sigorno in Denmark? Because one of my friend has been already married in Denmark with Carta permisso di sigiorno but not with 6 month PDS.
So please help me and explain me, do I have the same right to marry in Denmark like my friend who possess the Carta di PSD.

pls help
i need to travel to madrid / spain
from roma / italy
the travel is within schengen area
now the problem is that i dont have my new permesso di soggiorno card

- i have my old permesso di soogiorno card
- i have my new permesso di soggiorno reciept ( paper) - ricevuta
- some notary papers stating that my parents allow me and are handling all my expenses for my travel.
- i have my passport but with expired visa

can i travel ?  as my permesso card is still not ready and i need to travel soon

manshar wrote:

pls help
from roma / italy

- some notary papers stating that my parents allow me and are handling all my expenses for my travel.

can i travel ?  as my permesso card is still not ready and i need to travel soon

Please search the forum, your question has been answered numerous times already.  Additionally, papers from your parents are beyond useless for traveling in the EU.

manshar wrote:

pls help
from roma / italy

Why are you asking the same question on another thread?

Hi my name is danish originally from pakistan amd i live in italy i have permesso di soggiorno sussidiaria for 5 years and i want to visit canada and i am applyng tourist visa online from canadian website for canada.... They are asking my status in italy on that website i dont know what should i write (protected person) or (refugee claimant) or (permanent resident)???   Please help me in this little question i dont want to do mistake.....
Thanks

Danish bhutto wrote:

Hi my name is danish originally from pakistan amd i live in italy i have permesso di soggiorno sussidiaria for 5 years and i want to visit canada and i am applyng tourist visa online from canadian website for canada.... They are asking my status in italy on that website i dont know what should i write (protected person) or (refugee claimant) or (permanent resident)???   Please help me in this little question i dont want to do mistake.....
Thanks

You should ask in the Canada forum, or just call the Canadian embassy and ask them.  Your question is off-topic and not about Italy

I understand but i live in italy right now and want to know meaning of prot : sussidiaria meaning its  a protected person or rafugee claimant....... If you can tell me just meaning i would be nice
Thanks

Danish bhutto wrote:

I understand but i live in italy right now and want to know meaning of prot : sussidiaria meaning its  a protected person or rafugee claimant....... If you can tell me just meaning i would be nice
Thanks

It's for protected persons, not refugees