Close

Traveling with a Permesso di Soggiorno

Hi all,
I am new to this forum. I am a Sri Lankan passport holder married to an Italian, and I have a question regarding the Permesso di Soggiorno. I have just obtained this a couple of months ago. My husband's job is currently based in an Asian country so we need to go live there. Would I be able to re-enter Italy with the Permesso di Soggiorno or will I have to apply for a Schengen visa? Will my Permesso di Soggiorno become invalid if I'm no longer living in the country (we will be temporarily staying in this Asian country for a few years)? Any help would be much appreciated!
Regards,
Turtle

locoturtlecmb :

Would I be able to re-enter Italy with the Permesso di Soggiorno or will I have to apply for a Schengen visa? Will my Permesso di Soggiorno become invalid if I'm no longer living in the country (we will be temporarily staying in this Asian country for a few years)? Any help would be much appreciated!
Regards,
Turtle

1.  Yes you can re-enter Italy, as long as it is valid
2.  Yes, it WILL become invalid if you leave for over 6 months, you are considered to have abandoned your residence in Italy (which is true).

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi everyone,
I am living in Italy and I have 6 month permisso di Sigorno(residence permit) here.
According to italy law I can move with this permisso di sigorno in European Union with my passport Up to 3 months without visa and registeration.
My Question is, can I marry to my German girl friend  in Denmark with this permisso di sigorno?(valid For Six month with multiple entry in European union).
I will be wait for you reply
Regard's
Moody

Hi Romaniac,
Thank you for your helpful reply.
One more question: after we move, we would visit Italy every few months (we own and maintain an apartment here). Would I still be considered to have abandoned my residence?
Thanks!

Hallo,
I have already wrote a question about Marry in Denmark,but still I haven't got satisfied and  desires answers.
Now I just want to give you more hint about my situation and then I expect perhaps some body can post a satisfactory answer.

I have permisso di sigorno and passport and all document whicb are requires to marry a in Denmark.
My Question is can I marry with this 6 month permisso di sigorno in Denmark? Because one of my friend has been already married in Denmark with Carta permisso di sigiorno but not with 6 month PDS.
So please help me and explain me, do I have the same right to marry in Denmark like my friend who possess the Carta di PSD.

Expatriate health insurance in Italy

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Italy

Moving to Italy

Find tips from professionals about moving to Italy

Travel insurance in Italy

Enjoy stress-free travel to Italy

Flights to Italy

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Italy