Can I change my soggiorno permit for a Norwegian one ?

Hello everyone,
I won an Erasmus scholarship to study in Norway and for that, I need a study visa. My question is, I have a valid soggiorno permit, can I use it as some sort of visa? Or at least to use it in Norway until they will give me a Norwegian one?

Best you ask the relevant authorities about this.
I suspect you cannot use a permit as a visa.

path_finder5 wrote:

Hello everyone,
I won an Erasmus scholarship to study in Norway and for that, I need a study visa. My question is, I have a valid soggiorno permit, can I use it as some sort of visa? Or at least to use it in Norway until they will give me a Norwegian one?

No, you cannot.  A permesso de soggiorno is NOT a visa, passport or travel document.  It simply is a document that shows the right to live in Italy!

You should contact a Norwegian uni for a program of study, then apply at the Norway embassy for a student visa.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

I have a permesso de soggiorno, can my daughter study outside Italy normally? Thank you very much guys. Im thinking to apply for a carta di soggiorno, can i use it to work outside Italy ( other eu countries)

I have a permesso de soggiorno, can my daughter study outside Italy normally? Thank you very much guys. Im thinking to apply for a carta di soggiorno, can i use it to work outside Italy ( other eu countries)
-@Michael Lopez68

The question has already been answered.  No.  Residence and work permits are not valid throughout the EU unless you hold a 10 year validity long term residence permit.