Stay in KL (visa run)

me and my girlfriend want the go and live in malaysia for 1 year before i do my phd in a malaysian university ,that means we will not have a residence card over there ,we thinking the get out of the country every 3 months for a weekend in any country nearby;if anybody can pls answer my questions below
1/ can we rent a apartment
2/ wich would be the cost of a apartment for a 2 bedroom apartment we have a small dog ,would that be any problem?
3/can we open a bankacount ?
4/can weget a internet conection ;this would be important for us both work on internet
5/someone have problems with visa runs?

New topic