Healthcare / Prescription Drugs

Hello,

I live in Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand, Any suggestions on a good place to walk in see a English capable speaking Doctor at cheap / reasonable cost ?
Also what about prescription drugs i hear many are available over the counter versus Doctor writing a prescription, Anybody's take on this subject as well ?

Support Appreciated
Best Regards
Bob

Perhaps your Embassy may have a list of doctors in your area.
As far as drugs go, I suggest that you take your wife with you and look around the drug stores near you. She can help translate the labeling for you.

Thank You

Was in hopes of some more in depth info though :)

Best Regards
Bob

Klingon63, Is there a Bangkok Hospital near you?  If not have a Thai person contact a few hospitals to find someone who speaks English. Most hospitals have translators. You have to shop around for Meds, most of them don't need a prescription. I can give you a phone number to a pharmacy in Northeast Thailand that we get a lot of meds for our friends. Maybe if you tell me what your looking for, it would be easier for me to help you. And what kind of sickness you have?

Hello ,

I'm a Type-2  diabetic and also take a blood pressure Med for kidney health and a cholesterol Med for heart health based on my Diabetes.
I'll list my meds below.
Luckily I have some breathing room for my research as my Doctor back in USA filled 3 month supply , Just want to be proactive not drag my rear end Lol :)

1. Toujeo Insulin 300 Unit Pen
2.Victoza non insulin 18 mg/ 3ml Pen
3. Pen / Needle Tips for both Pens
4. Metformin 1000 mg Tablet
5.Pantprazole 40 mg tablet for acid reflux
6. Simvastatin 10 mg tablet for cholesterol / Heart Health.
7. Losartan Potassium 50mg tablet for blood pressure / kidney health.

Thanks for your support hopefully you can send me good news and I appreciate any assistance.
I'm aware on Bangkok Hospital and also         Saint Mary's Hospital  , Both close to me in Korat.
I was just seeing if anyone might have insight into low cost walk in service and decent Doctor that speaks English.

Best Regards
Bob Tyrrell

Im not sure what you mean by low cost? A private hospital with a doctor visit is 500-1000 baht, am from the US & I consider that very cheap. Buying from the hospital will be more Expensive, but it is better to have your meds, if you can wait to buy, then just shop around. You can ask the doctor if you can buy your meds somewhere else that will be cheaper. There are large pharmacy's all over Thailand, ask other people, shop around. Google your meds.  Good Luck to you.