Spouse permit

My wife and I have been married for 20 years and we both live in Australia.  She is planning to move back to Malaysia to live, can I apply a entry permit to stay in Malaysia and apply permenant residency?

Can someone give me an answer?

you can apply for the malaysia my2nd home prog where you can get a visa to stay
just go to google and check out mm2h

No need for the MM2H
Malaysia has a program for spouse of  Malaysian citizen: LTSVP Malaysia

It is cheaper than the MM2H, you get it faster, and it allows you to apply for PR after five years.

it might be cheaper, but you would probly have to more often to immigration offices until you can even get a 1year visa stamped

Hi yyllee!

Welcome to expat-blog! :)

It is true that with the "Long Term Social Visit Pass" you'll be going to the Immigration office a little more often than one would like. But if that doesn't bother you, then that might be an option to consider.

The thing with the "Malaysia My Second Home" Program is that there's a certain financial threshold that the expatriate has to meet. I cannot remember the exact figure right now.

Wishing you and the wife best of luck,
Take Care!
Haf

Thanks for all the reply.  I know there is a programme call Malaysia as a 2nd home but I wont be able to meet the financial requirment.  Since my wife is a Malaysian, I should be able to stay in Malaysia with another kind of visa.  Any good opinion from anyone?

hey yyllee, i do agree that the financial requirement for the Malaysia My Second Home Project is quite steep.
In which case, you might want to follow-up on Expatypus's suggestion about the "Long Term Social Visit Pass" Malaysia.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Haf

I am an Australian living in Malaysia 15 years.

You can come to apply and they would inform you accordingly.
I did apply before and they rejected but you can appeal.
We have been informed that they reject then appeal is a normal.

You need to come and personally you need to apply.

I recommend you not to use any agent and spend money on agency fee.

Another option is that every to months you need to visit Singapore or another countries on boarder then return to Malaysia to get another 2 month  of social visit no question ask as many time as you could use this way to get social visa.
That's what I was doing.

Good luck.

Halit49 wrote:

Another option is that every to months you need to visit Singapore or another countries on boarder then return to Malaysia to get another 2 month  of social visit no question ask as many time as you could use this way to get social visa.
That's what I was doing.

Good luck.

very good suggestion, can I go to visit Malaysia on tourist visa, and after 3 months, go to Singapore and then get another 3 months tourist visa while I am applying the social visa? Can you tell me what is a social visa?

Tourist visa social is the same.
Social visit same as tourist visit.
Locals do not call tourist visa they call social visit.

My point is while you can look around feel the country and if you before your visa ends one or two day before ending you can visit say Singapore and even same day you like to return when you re enter to Malaysia the would ask :Social visit? yes it is a social visit I am looking around I might consider to live in Malaysia.
Thats it.
Some times just no need to say anything they will allow you to enter Tourist more then welcome to Malaysia

yyllee wrote:

Thanks for all the reply.  I know there is a programme call Malaysia as a 2nd home but I wont be able to meet the financial requirment.  Since my wife is a Malaysian, I should be able to stay in Malaysia with another kind of visa.  Any good opinion from anyone?

Hi yyllee,
Since your wife is Malaysian, you can apply spouse visa (now they call it as Long Term Visa).  In the beginning, they will 3 months visa, then 3 or 6 months visa depend on the Immigration Dept and finally they will give u 5 years visa. For your information, you also can work in Malaysia too but you need to inform the Immigration Dept.

I married to Malaysian and now i got my 5 years visa. Don't waste money on MM2H program. :)

yyllee wrote:
Halit49 wrote:

That's what I was doing.

Good luck.

very good suggestion, can I go to visit Malaysia on tourist visa, and after 3 months, go to Singapore and then get another 3 months tourist visa while I am applying the social visa? Can you tell me what is a social visa?

yyllee,
With this spouse visa, you don't need to go to Singapore purpose to get your social visa anymore.  Furthermore this Spouse visa can have multiple entry to Malaysia as you like. I used to travel in & out without any problem.

Welcome to Malaysia Expat! xD

Yes most of here are right the best is get a spouse visa. I did consult at immigration office and they said to apply for it as I would be applying for it for the first time. But to apply for it there are certain conditions. Make sure you get your marriage registered first in Malaysia and based on the place where you stay can visit the nearest immigration office. Anything else if you require please email me.

Raju

PR is not easy to get it just like that.
You can live with social visit for two months then you go to Singapore or Thailand come back automatically another 2 month no question ask.
If your wife is Malaysian you would apply spouse program and if you want to work you need to get employment letter from local people business people and you submit and all another relevant paper work(and take an easy) and you can work anywhere.
You need to come here personally go ask and do not use an agent that you do not need. I should know I live here last 16 years,I am an Australian citizen.
I have been treated nicely here and 16 years is the prove that something must be right,yes?

Halit49 wrote:

PR is not easy to get it just like that.
You can live with social visit for two months then you go to Singapore or Thailand come back automatically another 2 month no question ask.
If your wife is Malaysian you would apply spouse program and if you want to work you need to get employment letter from local people business people and you submit and all another relevant paper work(and take an easy) and you can work anywhere.
You need to come here personally go ask and do not use an agent that you do not need. I should know I live here last 16 years,I am an Australian citizen.
I have been treated nicely here and 16 years is the prove that something must be right,yes?

yes. I go to Malaysia many times, very nice country to live, the cost of living is much lower than Australia.

raju2 wrote:

Yes most of here are right the best is get a spouse visa. I did consult at immigration office and they said to apply for it as I would be applying for it for the first time. But to apply for it there are certain conditions. Make sure you get your marriage registered first in Malaysia and based on the place where you stay can visit the nearest immigration office. Anything else if you require please email me.

Raju

very helpful suggestion, I will email you if I need help, thanks a lot mate.

[Moderated]

Yes you can.
You will get spouse program social visit ot if you work you will get spouse program based work permit.
You do not need a agent,you do not let anyone to help you and get pay by you.
If you want to MM2H plan again you don't need an agent you need to come with your wife and visit immigration and ask info or aply directly.
I know what I am talking about I am an Australian.
You will not get fast PR allthough every case different.
You need to apply personally together with your wife if she is Malaysian. Latest rule was regarding PT you need to stay least 5 years married with the local Malaysian wife,in your case you been married 20 years but you live in Australia so maybe your case different maybe you can apply PR.

Or every 3 months you need to exit Malayis to renew 3 months social travel visa no questions ask. Again I was doing that until I get work,work permit etc..

Good Luck

I have documented my processes in obtaining the Long term social visit pass and work endorsement in my blog. Anyone interested could read it here:

elinchow.blogspot.com/2013/12/marrying-malaysian-part-2-obtaining.html

I understand that the rules changed in 2010 and were simplified - so a spouse on a LTSV pass no longer has to involve immigration etc. when they find employment - so no employment endorsement needed?

Gravitas wrote:

I understand that the rules changed in 2010 and were simplified - so a spouse on a LTSV pass no longer has to involve immigration etc. when they find employment - so no employment endorsement needed?

For a long while you did need an endorsement to work. Last few months heard a rumour they got rid of that rule. The original marriage LTSVP was stamped "not allowed to work" and many employers laughed at people saying they could (!) Henec the rumoured change