Help with tax and immigration

Hi there, I am offering expat tax and immigration services covering Kenya. Anyone need help with submitting tax returns, managing their online e-citizen account and applying for the necessary permits? I got you covered. I will personally take you to the relevant government office and make sure that you have all the right details

hi can you help me get immigration to kenya i am married to my kenyan wife for 20 years i come back and forth to kenya often i have invested in kenya a home now intend to invest more i am a usa citizen please email me if you can

You are in a similar situation to me - I married my Kenyan wife 20 years ago (in the UK).  Over the years we have invested in property and employed workers to help look after them and so on.

On returning to Kenya to live longer term, I was able to obtain a Class K visa, which requires that you have a source of income which is from pension, or investment, of $25,000 plus per annum.

There is also the possibility of permanent residency, if your wife retained her citizenship.

Applications are done online and for the Class K are fairly straight forward.  As long as you meet the criteria, you shouldn't need anyone to help you (and the fees that this will inevitably  involve).  If you use an agency to assist you, make sure its a reputable outfit.

if you intend to invest and probably settle in Kenya i would advice you start by forming a company, then with the company. after registration you will apply for a class G permit as an investor ( it is 100,000 Kenya shillings per annum) and additional 10,000 shillings non refundable.
However note that for this category of permit you will have to have proof of investment in the country which as per scale is a lot.

as Longonot has said you ca also do a class K permit but note with it you will have to proof income from outside and you can thus not invest or conduct any business in the country or be employed in any means whether on contract or volunteer. '
I hope this help.

The minimum amount for investment (or cash at the bank) for the Class G is $100,000. 

My Class K permit clearly states that I am not permitted to do paid work, so I assume that unpaid work is OK and actually do some volunteer work here and there.  The Class K also costs Ksh 100,000 per annum with Ksh 10,000 application fee.

We can help you apply for an investor permit which will allow you to have permanent residency in Kenya. Note there is a statutory requirement for spouses of Kenyans to have permanent residency for at least 7 years before they can be granted nationality. Write to me by email- xxx

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Mohaammar:  Your information isn't accurate!

A Class G permit doesn't give you permanent residency in Kenya.  Its normally renewable on a two yearly cycle, provided that you continue to meet the criteria.  Normally business accounts would have to be presented for the renewal.

Permanent residency is different.

If you are married to a Kenyan citizen, you can apply for permanent residency after 3 years - the 7 year rule applies to those who do not have a Kenyan spouse.  A foreign spouse of a Kenyan citizen can apply for dual citizenship after 7 years of marriage.  I further understand that a foreigner who has a Kenyan spouse (who has not renounced Kenyan citizenship) does not have to have spent the 3 or 7 years in Kenya to be eligible.

If you are offering immigration services, then you should already know these things!

It would also be useful to place an advertisement for your services in the 'Classifieds' section, as no advertising is permitted on the forum.

What I meant was as a spouse of a Kenyan national seeking to apply for dual nationality as I suppose she doesn't want to renounce her existing nationality. Also, I was providing a solution that can lead to her becoming a permanent resident, not suggesting that she will get it straight away