Changes at King Saud University?

I'm thinking of returning to the KSA after a stint in Iraq and was contacted by a group called Education Experts, who claim to hold the contract for the Prep Year Program at King Saud, now.

I knew Bell/Obeikan had it, and remember seeing job postings for it within the last few months, but the man at eduexperts told me today they are not managing the program any more.

Does any one have any information on this?

I'd sure appreciate your input or revelations.

I've just interviewed for the same type of Post at King Saud. The interview went well but I also have questions about why the company recruiting has changed- if it indeed has. Any light on the matter would be useful. Anyone out there who has info?

Language Lover wrote:

I've just interviewed for the same type of Post at King Saud. The interview went well but I also have questions about why the company recruiting has changed- if it indeed has. Any light on the matter would be useful. Anyone out there who has info?

It has been a complete botch up of a program, from all that I've heard.  200 instructors, poor management and direction.  I've actually interviewed for two different companies there in the last two years.

At one point, I was hired as the "Director" for Laureate Education, but they couldn't get their proverbial heads out to process the visa paperwork in a timely manner and I decided that it was a forbidding omen.

Its is so depressing to see such putrid HR management recruiting for these universities and educational institutions. So many horror stories related by many such candidates have been appalling to listen to. Many who have already taken up appointments and are currently working here are also looking to move to other possible openings elsewhere using their own initiatives, contacts, and influence.

Hey, Music man. Say more. Are you in a post there. What can one expect? I was really excited about this "ESL project of historic scale". But you sound very disillusioned. Please share so I get a clearer sense of the situation. Am slao keen to know whether the political climate of the region has impacted Saudi universities at all?

Same old crap, different singer.

They offered a paltry salary based only on academic qualifications, disregarding experience, experience in Saudi and accomplishments.  When they asked what I wanted, they told me that only a Ph.D. could make that.

If I was a Ph.D.  I sure wouldn't work for those peanuts, either.

Same old crap, different singer.

No, I dont work there but I have friends who do. All in all you cant expect much from the HR departments of most of these educational institutions as they are absolutely putrid in their management style and professionalism. If tghey do offer you a sizable financial package then please take it and ensure that all terms and conditions are clearly spelled out on your contract of agreement.