Is english test mandatory for spouse to get additional 5 points?

Hi everyone,
Me and my spouse are working in Australia since past 13 months on Visa 457. I am planning to apply for 190 visa, Business Analyst category ICT 261111.
I have already accumulated 60 points + 5 points for state nomination and hence 65 in total.

I am aiming for 70 points to speedup the process. But I have a doubt if my spouse should go through English test only to get additional 5 points or just ACS will suffice? My anticipation is that if a person has already more than 6 months of Australian work experience then it is assumed that he / she is Competent in English. Can you please suggest if working in Australia for more than 6 months can be taken as ability to speak English for spouse?

Thanks in advance.

Sidharth

Any replies??

Thanks in advance.

I suggest that you contact the relevant government authorities about this.
As you may be aware the Oz Govt is now getting rid of 457 visas and dropping 200+ jobs off the skills list.

They are also toughening up on the requirements for citizenship too.
Now 4 years before you can apply.
English literacy test.
Also a test bout Australia as well.

In other words, they are now making it very tough to get into Australia.

sidharth_arora wrote:

Hi everyone,
Me and my spouse are working in Australia since past 13 months on Visa 457. I am planning to apply for 190 visa, Business Analyst category ICT 261111.
I have already accumulated 60 points + 5 points for state nomination and hence 65 in total.

I am aiming for 70 points to speedup the process. But I have a doubt if my spouse should go through English test only to get additional 5 points or just ACS will suffice? My anticipation is that if a person has already more than 6 months of Australian work experience then it is assumed that he / she is Competent in English. Can you please suggest if working in Australia for more than 6 months can be taken as ability to speak English for spouse?

Thanks in advance.

Sidharth

Work Experience gives nothing towards any English language requirements. I know people who have been working in Australia for 2+ years and are currently just starting on a basic English course.  They will need this for Citizenship one day.

Not all jobs involve much speaking, and some involve no English, so Immigration can't tell, and require independent proof.

PR applications, for jobs on the new lists are not affected by any recent changes. That's one good thing for PR applications.