Singaporean in Bangkok

Hi I just came to bok.hope to get job here

Wish to know more Singaporean here

Hello, welcome to Bangkok. Am also Singaporean working in bangkok, came here 1 and half month ago.

Hi I'm Sarah from Singapore hope to know more Singaporean here.

Hi Esther are u working in Bangkok?how is your life here?

Hi Esther..how r uu,?how yr lifein bkk?

Hi Jude I'm Sarah from Singapore like to meet up with u guy.

Life here had been interesting and you will never get bored in bangkok for sure. I can be contacted at 0902486687. What is yours? We can catch up next month after am back from Sg.  My schedule rather tight for now.

My phone nos ***

Do you have watsapp or line etc that I can add you for chat?

LINE I'd sarahlowkeeeng

Hi Esther I looking fr condon to rent.how about yr area,?

Hi Im staying there too.. good to have some locals around..

Hey all,

This is Malcolm and I've been here in Bangkok for 3yrs already. Would like to meet fellow Singaporeans! For those who just came to Bangkok, welcome!!

Hi everyone, Jackson here. Very nice to hear that there's Singaporean working at BKK. You guys speak or even write pasa-Thai? I'm travelling monthly to Bangkok, nearby pathum Thani, Rangsit. Seeking for your kindest advise or a job opportunity base at Bangkok. :)

Bet you wanna know why i'm eager for Thailand....

I would really like to settle down there. The temples, people, atmosphere, culture as well as their manner is so fascinating. I've a thai gf, in love of, hahahaha. For a reason, I've recently bought a condo unit from Ananda development at Rachatachweitt, Ideo Q diamond. Making plan for the future.

I think a good place to start would be those recruitment firms in Bangkok. I don't have much experience in that regards here as I started a business with my wife (she's thai) and have been running that business ever since.

and no I can't speak Thai yet lol

Hi Mal, nice to hear from you. such is life... business at Bkk and a lovely wife.

Hello

Do you mind if I would like to do my questionnaire. It is very important to me and my Master degree program. I need your help to complete this for me in order to conduct the analysis. And also, Singaporean people are my target group to my research. Anyway, thank you or your kindness in advance.

Link:
goo.gl/forms/Ax6whRXjXG

Thank you

Hi jackshen84

Tough luck to find a job in Thailand. 1001 reasons why companies would not hire a non-Thai here. Best way is to find an Sg co who would send you here, otherwise, you probably have to start your own business.

Don't wanna sound like half-empty-glass guy, but it's a very different world out here (vs Sg).

;b

Hi there,

Just came across your messages. Are you still in Bangkok? We are singaporeans and moving to bangkok this summer. I have children and need advice on schools and areas to look for houses.

Regards
Jaya

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

Exactly... tough as hell to find another job here if you're planning to leave your current one. Have been here for a year now and sort of tied down to current employment as its almost impossible to get an alternative.

On a side note, wishing all of you guys here an awesome week!

Hi Jaya,  have you decided on an area and school yet? There are some Singapore schools that applies the Singapore curriculum...just a suggestion so that your kids won't feel too lost with school work. Cheers!

jem.gerard wrote:

Exactly... tough as hell to find another job here if you're planning to leave your current one. Have been here for a year now and sort of tied down to current employment as its almost impossible to get an alternative.

Hi it's not easy to switch jobs in Thailand even in the hospitality field as all of them are on contracts.

Unless one's field is greatly needed especially in banking then you are in demand like those expats employed as vice president; senior vice president or executive vice president.

There are many foreigners waiting for jobs in Thailand. Some are willingly to have salary same as locals. Don't be surprised a westerner too.

Rejoice wrote:
jem.gerard wrote:

Hi it's not easy to switch jobs in Thailand even in the hospitality field as all of them are on contracts.

Unless one's field is greatly needed especially in banking then you are in demand like those expats employed as vice president; senior vice president or executive vice president.

There are many foreigners waiting for jobs in Thailand. Some are willingly to have salary same as locals. Don't be surprised a westerner too.

Can't agree with you more...especially when their days are running out and need to do another run.

Contract or not, there are lines of people queuing for a job here...everyone wants to live in "paradise" ;)

jem.gerard wrote:
Rejoice wrote:
jem.gerard wrote:

Hi it's not easy to switch jobs in Thailand even in the hospitality field as all of
them are on contracts.

Unless one's field is greatly needed
especially in banking then you are in
demand like those expats employed as
vice president; senior vice president or
executive vice president.

There are many foreigners waiting for
jobs in Thailand. Some are willingly to
have salary same as locals. Don't be
surprised a westerner too.

Can't agree with you more...especially
when their days are running out and
need to do another run.

Contract or not, there are lines of people
queuing for a job here...everyone wants
to live in "paradise" ;)

Haha I like your "paradise" as all are different.

Only those who have special skills will have contracts renew.

When you have a grain of sugar, lots of ants are there.

To have freedom and live long here is having your own business or good source of financial from overseas so as to live in paradise.

How long have you been here? Are you in hospitality field as there are many Singaporeans in it.

@Rejoice It's been a year now. Amazing how much can be learned and how different the culture and values are here. Are there lots of Singaporeans in hospitality? Haven't met any though...maybe cos Im in teaching.

Having a business here is definitely the way to go. Well, that's my aim, but don't everyone want a slice of the cake?  :D

jem.gerard wrote:

@Rejoice It's been a year now. Amazing how much can be learned and how different the culture and values are here. Are there lots of Singaporeans in hospitality? Haven't met any though...maybe cos Im in teaching.

Having a business here is definitely the way to go. Well, that's my aim, but don't everyone want a slice of the cake?  :D

Sure you will learn a lot here as it's different a lot.

Yes many Singaporeans in hospitality and other fields too. Previously There are Singaporeans teaching in international school at Sukhumvit soi 15 and Bangna too.

2 Swissotel hotels here and 1st batch of SHATEC management student is running a hotel management company that manage many hotels in Thailand, few hotels in Malaysia and 2 hotels in UK

There are many opportunities in business here whereby if you look outside the box.

Use your strength to achieve it and to know more, we can brain storm.

@Rejoice that's nice. Im always interested to know more about Sg businesses here in Thailand. What about yourself? Which industry are you in?

Would definitely be interested to brain storm :)

Hi guys .. Came across this blog while searching for job in Bangkok.

i would like to start a new life in Bangkok , is there any jobs that you guys can introduced to me? Planning to stay at lad prao. But I'm not highly educated. Just a sales and marketing diploma cert.

Hello

My name is Norn. I m Thai, nice to meet you and really need to have some foreigner friend so that will help me to improve my English.

Btw i can give you the information and guide you some things that you need to know and take you some where around Bangkok during my day off or some favorite place for Thai people where not much foreigners know.

I can take you to some shopping place like Jatujak market to bargain things when you want to shop and advise you anything that u need to know.

Also free of charge.

I want to practice  sing-eng so much.

Norn

Hello Norn
My name is Tarun and I am from India .
I just came to Bangkok on 1sep and plan to open some business here in Bangkok and it would be nice to have someone like you to show me around.
I would love to chat with you and help you improve your English.

Hi I am interested in getting a job in Thailand. I am a Singaporean with a diploma and I do have thai proficiency. Was wondering how can I apply for a job over there.

Hi norn,
I can speak both English and thai. Would be in Bangkok from 16sep to 31Oct hoping to find a job there. I am a Singaporean. Just wondering do you know is there any agency for foreigners to look for a job in Bangkok?

Maybe we should start a Whatsapp/Line/Wechat group for Singaporeans based here

koreanwonton wrote:

Maybe we should start a Whatsapp/Line/Wechat group for Singaporeans based here

There is SCOT or SG Club of Thailand and SG Thai Chamber of Commerce that you can join. Search the web site or call SG embassy as they have the details.

Basically there are 2 groups of S'poreans in Thailand. Those registered themselves with the Embassy and those do not.

Usually those that registered with the embassy are those who got jobs in SG then sent over.

Many unregistered S'poreans in Thailand and usually they are doing their business here. Some are here more than 20 years. Speaks fluent Thai and knows their way around Thailand.

Those that are sent over here have everything prepared for them - housing; schools; staff; car etc

Those who came here on their own are street smart and survivors as they have real life experience to set up everything and live here.

Hello everyone! I'm very curious on how you guys managed to relocate to thailand. Like job wise and accomodation wise. Hhaha

Hi All,

Looking for Expat SG kakis to chit chat and watch EPL over the weekend. I live around Asoke.

Cheers,
Bro.

Hi,
Is there by any chance I could work there in your company, I would be happy if I could work for long term.

Malcolmchai wrote:

I think a good place to start would be those recruitment firms in Bangkok. I don't have much experience in that regards here as I started a business with my wife (she's thai) and have been running that business ever since.

and no I can't speak Thai yet lol

Would you be happy to hire me as your worker ?
I'm a singaporean I'm looking for a job to stay there

There are thousands of people looking for job in Thailand. Americans, Canadians, Europeans, Africans, Indians, Filipinos, Malaysians, Australians, indonesians, Chinese from mainland etc

All the bees going for the honey.

Good luck to you.