What do I need in order to open a gesthouse in Zanzibar?


I'm an Japanese who would like to open a gesthouse in Stone Town.

What sort of permit do I need? how about Licence,permits for goverment?
What are the fees? How long will it take to get it? Do I need to take care of it all before I go.

anyway,I want to know anything to do in order to start a gesthouse buisiness.

Sorry for so many questions. I need all the help I can get! lol Thank you in advance for helping! :)

i think its a lil bit of long process that no one can explain all to u.. but first thing is u need to have the plot where u want to place the building then you need to consult the authority concerned for the permits and many other things but also someone to assist u in ur activities as a supervisor...just few to mention but there are many things to be carried out


thank you for reply.
yea it sounds difficult for me to open gest house.
so I need someone's help.

>>there are many things to be carried out
I think so!

There are so many things to do but most of them are going respectively.
-Are you going to build your own property or are  you  taking over an existing property?

The question above is a guideline to to me to give you precise information.

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Zanzibar

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Zanzibar

Moving to Zanzibar

Find tips from professionals about moving to Zanzibar

Travel insurance in Zanzibar

Enjoy stress-free travel to Zanzibar