Simple Vietnamese Savings Account with Debit card

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a Vietnamese savings  bank account.

Ideally, I would like something with little or no fees. The main purpose of the account would be to reduce the amount of fees I am currently paying every time I use an atm with australian bank card

Note - I am also aware of ANZ and Commonwealth atm in saigon, but I still get large fees for withdrawals.

Cheers!

Try VietinBank,Agribank,Vietcombank,BIDV, or Eximbank

They might be able to help you

ACB, Use their ATMs. 2000 VND per wd.

Cash is King. Get a safe.

LOL But...

My second year here in VN. It was nap time. An elderly woman and her son living two houses away from mine were reputed to have a stash. He was out looking for lunch. A young couple gained entry to their house, tied her to a chair and tortured her with knives until she she gave it up and then killed her.

I didn't hear a thing. Not that I would know what to do if I did.

These kinds of crimes happen in VN. I told you one but know of about five in my neighbourhood.

So, funny yes, practical no. Being a foreigner is no protection. I was told a story by a foreigner, now deceased, about his friend suffering a similar fate from his girlfriend and her real boyfriend. His money really was in the bank.

MB Bank ATMs don't  charge a fee. I don't recommend  having a big pile of cash. I never needed it. Think it's too dangerous  too. I stayed in VN for 3 years

You probably want to go for online banking then. No fees, friendly user interface, good interest rate (for deposit), can pay bills online.

If so, check this post:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=666134
One issue tho, you cannot transfer money to outside of Vietnam. (But you can bring cash back, so minor issue, only if you have millions...well billions to transfer)