Power out?

We're in dorado. Our power has been out for almost two hours. Just want to make sure its no emergency.

The heat finally melted the gum that was holding it together :joking:

https://www2.aeepr.com/Servicios/sectores_new.asp

Outage map... don't see anything in Dorado, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I find that tweeting and tagging AEEPR gets the best response.

I tweeted, went online and submitted a ticket. 3 hours now and our kids are gonna need a nap in an hour. Happy Easter, LOL.

Is your power back, Chris?  Hope you were able to enjoy Easter with your family.

Was off for 7 hours yesterday. Was off again today. Just came back on. We did enjoy our day though. Found the most beautiful beach in Isabella and it was completely empty!

A lot of people have trees at the border of roads, sometimes there comes down or part of a tree, other times they short the lines.

Given strong winds and heavy rain the above may be a possibility for the issue, the funny part is that it was not listed as an outage.

Some towns send crews out to trim them, but with the shortness of funds they may not be doing the trimming as often.

Some towns were talking about charging the owner of the property for the trim, but that may not occur.

Not sure why people do it, trees should not be grown at the street facing edge of the property or close to the power lines. They hide the home, bust the water pipes, bust the sewers (if any), cause electric problems. and a lot of people coming over to grab the fruits.

But what the hell do I know.
Rey

ReyP wrote:

But what the hell do I know.
Rey

Apparently a lot more than many on the island! LOL

Power has been on and off in Carolina. Lots of flooding and strong winds too!

Isabela, that's where I live! Which beach did you go to? I stayed away from beaches yesterday, because I assumed they'd be packed, like all other long weekends, they even bring tents and camp on the beach!

I have a 10,000 watt generator, and a 14gauge power cord (220V), plug it in, start it up, connect to the outdoor 220v plug, and throw the switch; runs the entire house!

mac00677 wrote:

Isabela, that's where I live! Which beach did you go to? I stayed away from beaches yesterday, because I assumed they'd be packed, like all other long weekends, they even bring tents and camp on the beach!

We went to Middle beach. I just randomly found it not too far from Isabela Beach Court community where we stayed one night back in May 2016. (Straight roach motel that Airbnb was!) But the place was almost completely empty. When we stepped onto the beach, there were... wait for it... TWO people on it. TWO. 2. 1, 2! LOL, I'll post some pics later on but I just knew for sure beaches were going to be trouble. Many were, but I guess most people don't know about this one.