Expat Murdered in Ecuador

Last night on April 14, 2017, a 76 year old U.S. expat living in Nabón, Ecuador about 48 km from Cuenca was a victim of a home invasion. Reports indicate that four men with firearms entered the expat's residence. He was shot three times per twitter accounts in the abdomen. His wife evaded the attack by hiding in the bathroom and a housekeeper was threatened but apparently not injured. News sources are reporting the victim's name as David Albert Senechalle. However, this name may ot be correct as often the case with misspellings of names in the press. Early reports stated the victim's name as David (C). The assailants removed numerous items from the residence. An alarm was activated. Nabón is a rural area.

These reports are from  / Elcomercio.com/ twitter accounts, and Radio la voz del tomebamba, latinamericacurrentevents.com.

I just saw this as well on CuencaHighlife and then immediately googled it on El Comercio.

I think I would have titled the article "Expat murdered in home invasion".

At the site is titled that... but when we first became aware of it early this morning it was not being reported as a home invasion.... we have put two versions up.. the first when it was reported on an individuals twitter account and from a radio broadcast. As the morning past more information became available as to the number of assailants...... and that it was a home invasion. Thank you. .

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : inappropriate + no accusations please

If he is pimping his website,  the moderator can delete the link ot it. However, the story is in the Ecuadorian media.

https://www.elcomercio.com/actualidad/e … calia.html

Nards Barley wrote:

If he is pimping his website,  the moderator can delete the link ot it. However, the story is in the Ecuadorian media.

https://www.elcomercio.com/actualidad/e … calia.html

It's also in English.

If the death was unreported and not in the public domain, this thread might have been deleted for the reasons mentioned in the complaints a couple of posts up.
However, it is public knowledge and posted on several sites so the name, if googled, throws up a lot of reports to this tragic event.
I won't be removing the thread as it is expat related and there are no privacy issues to consider. Someone else may take a different view.

Fred wrote:

If the death was unreported and not in the public domain, this thread might have been deleted for the reasons mentioned in the complaints a couple of posts up.

Exactly why I "interecepted" the thread the moment it came into my inbox with my comment.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Off-topic
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

A tragedy but crime exists everywhere unfortunately.

A tragedy.

Context is always necessary.  This fate is more likely to occur in the USA than Ecuador...and especially rare in the province of Azuay. If anything, that makes the event more tragic.