Apartment rental prices in Dominican republic.

I have done a lot of searching on-line for rentals and have found availability. However, most rental properties are aimed at foreigners with USD and appear to cost more than what would be charged for a local Dominican.

Can a decent apartment be found for $300 a month using local channels? Something that would be in a relatively safe neighborhood and that would have services like air conditioning, hot water and maybe internet?

Most Latin countries rake foreigners over the coals by charging them more for rent than they would a local.

Yes  you can find such rentals but your best bet is boots on the ground and explore the neighborhoods you are interested in

Bob K

If you look for Residencias Jiupol or if the link works http://jiupol.wixsite.com/residencias they have adequate (by North American Standard) apartments with everything included for either $350 or $400 a month. They are also on Air BnB if your stay is shorter or you feel more comfortable contacting them that way.

Hope this helps...

I agree it is difficult for Gringos to find reasonably priced furnished apartments.

DR seems overpriced considering the local economy. I watched an EXPAT video on youtube where the guy goes on to talk about how he is paying $1200 for a 3bd room apartment in Piantini with no air conditioning... WTF is that!?

I can rent a real nice apartment in Tampa (2bd 2bth) for less than that in a first world country.

I Know a guy who pays literallt 47$ for a kind of crappy room in Villa Mella. So I'm sure there are deals to be had. You must get a local to negotiate for you