Why is this a dead forum?

I've been an expat now for 20 years plus and have used expat.com (even when it was still a blog) to find out things about a new place and help others with good advice.

But this forum - Hangzhou - is like a corpse.

Is there a better place to find information on housing, shopping, social activities?

I've tried the hangzhouexpat.com forum, but there seems to be a personality conflict among members and management that has made it only slightly less dead than this place.

So...where does one go for good info?

I agree , nothing going on in hangshou

Some forums are dead for a variety of reasons. My own section, Indonesia, has special problems, those being:

There are very few expats in Indonesia
This forum has strict rules that stops advertising and doesn't encourage chit chat

I suspect the situation on your section isn't a million miles away, but I'm open to correction.

Hi Fred, 
I am planning on visiting Hangzhou between August 18 and Sept 11, and I would like to make some contacts there so that I can better plan my stay. If you live in Hangzhou, can you help me out occasionally with info and questions I have about hikes, activities, concerts, distances, buses, etc? If you can't, do you know someone who can? Thanks! Nestor

Hi MisterStretch,

I don't think I know how to use thisforum. I meant to send you this message but I accidentally sent it to a person named Fred who is in Indonesia!

I am planning on visiting Hangzhou between August 18 and Sept 11, and I would like to make some contacts there so that I can better plan my stay. If you live in Hangzhou, can you help me out occasionally with info and questions I have about hikes, activities, concerts, distances, buses, etc? If you can't, do you know someone who can? Thanks! Nestor

where are you now?

I decided, at the last minute, not to come to China.  I'm in Malaysia, teaching at a university.

what ourse do you teach in Malaisia? and why do not come to China?

just to get a QQ number or message every chinese people got's one. good luck