Young retiree looking for good cardiologist

Hi i'm nick from france , i was on the french side of the forum but i didnt find it very helpful i'm hoping the english speaking side might be more welcoming .(little edit to that its not too bad on the french side after al )
So basically i was recently diagnosed with a congenital arterial disease so i need checkup with a competent cardiologist 3-4 times a year . setling not to far from a cardiac surgery center might not be a bad idea either .So i'm coming this winter to visit and i hope to find a place to settle but i would like not to rush things so i'm gonna end up needing a check up while i m there . So if anybody could give me the contact of a good cardio so i could start getting in touch and make an appointment it would be awesome.visayas or luzon would be best as i am not planing to travel too much to the south security warnings and all .

sarlatD wrote:

Hi i'm nick from france , i was on the french side of the forum but i didnt find it very helpful i'm hoping the english speaking side might be more welcoming .(little edit to that its not too bad on the french side after al )
So basically i was recently diagnosed with a congenital arterial disease so i need checkup with a competent cardiologist 3-4 times a year . setling not to far from a cardiac surgery center might not be a bad idea either .So i'm coming this winter to visit and i hope to find a place to settle but i would like not to rush things so i'm gonna end up needing a check up while i m there . So if anybody could give me the contact of a good cardio so i could start getting in touch and make an appointment it would be awesome.visayas or luzon would be best as i am not planing to travel too much to the south security warnings and all .

Greetings,

The Philippines is a 3rd world country and as such medical care leaves a lot to be desired (or trusted) in most places. It is not a country for medical tourism by any means. St. Lukes Medical Center in Manila is one of the best in the country. Since this is for a serious issue, I would suggest going there rather than any other location.

Another way to find a decent doctor would be here possibly or visiting other foreigners in person once here. You can also check out The Filipino Doctor site in an attempt to locate someone but I would strongly suggest using utmost caution.
Your very best bet would be to have any medical issues taken care of before coming to the Philippines.

Best Of Luck

thanks for the doctor link .As for being cautious well .... lets just say i ve made my choices .

Hi I recommend Dr. Magno; a female doctor and a resident Dr. in  Quezon City; All of my family members with heart problems see her.  Everyone is still alive and doing well.

thanks cynthia