Belgium: Difference between Blue card and Work permit B

Hello

I have got a job offer in Brussels Belgium ,the company has applied for a work permit B.I want to know the difference between Work permit B and Blue card .are they the same ?if not what is the difference ?

The European Blue Card issues the message to prospective employers that your application for a work permit will be accepted without any problems. The process of obtaining a work permit will also be accelerated.

In addition to that, B-type work permit is tied to a company. Company acquires it for you.

Blue card aka professional card is your own. Blue card allows you to offer your services to a company as a frealancer, etc.

aneesh wrote:

In addition to that, B-type work permit is tied to a company. Company acquires it for you.

Blue card aka professional card is your own. Blue card allows you to offer your services to a company as a frealancer, etc.

Hello Aneesh,
I am in similar situation where I am confused to apply for a blue card or work permit.
Tried to search over websites but I am still not clear on advantages of blue card over work permit.
As per your above comment blue card = professional card and professional card means working as a freelancer. Then why would a work contract required as a prerequisite for blue card.

PUser wrote:
aneesh wrote:

Hello Aneesh,
I am in similar situation where I am confused to apply for a blue card or work permit.
Tried to search over websites but I am still not clear on advantages of blue card over work permit.
As per your above comment blue card = professional card and professional card means working as a freelancer. Then why would a work contract required as a prerequisite for blue card.

You need a contract bcos the ministry need to know you are a potential tax-payer. They dont want the professional card scheme to be a shortcut to gain residency.