Cost of Living for the Summer

I am considering an internship in Bangalore that would be unpaid for 2 or 3 months this summer. We are still in the early stages of the interview process but I am wondering whether I should continue to pursue this opportunity. I have some money saved but I also do not want to spend an exorbitant amount while I am there.

What would the average cost of living be for a single person to live in Bangalore per month? I do not mind living a fairly simple lifestyle.

It depends on where are you going to stay and you have to pay some money as advance for the room(like deposit).... If you prefer to cook by yourself then you can reduce cost.... Well approximately you have to spend around $250 per month ( including rent,food, transportation and some expenses) if you choose to live a simple lifestyle... Look for some ladies hostel for accommodation...Some hostels provide food too but don't expect it will be tasty ;)

I would say 60000Rs per month. Coming to India you will want to explore and experience different things also. You cannot assume minimal budget will be enough if you want your stay to be memorable.