Getting married in Cairo

Okay here is the real deal about getting married in Cairo.....
i just got married today after 1 week of running around up and down.....i am an Australian that got married to an Algerian....
So...1) you need a Non Impediment of Marriage from your country's embassy (it will be in arabic) you will get on same day or next day or even in 2 working days as i did from aussie embassy ( if you are divorced take divorce certificate with you plus photocopy)
2) you need 10 passport photos because everyone you will see will ask for your photo
3) you need medical certificate from hospital.. just pay and wait and get on same day
3) you will need to go to Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get registration stamp and signed/dated on visa page (its chaos in there.. no lines,lots of shouting but push in and u should be okay lol)
4) you need to get your non impediment of marriage certificate legalized at Ministry of Justice
5) you will need also 2 witnesses to sign marriage contract
Also have about 5 photocopies each of passport and visa page
-after all this you can get married!!!
Another few hours waiting and getting papers signed by various people before you both sign your contract and it is given to you on the spot.
Note: Fridays and Saturdays administration  offices are closed..Thursdays they work till 1pm (half day)...other days till 3pm-4pm...also they take their lunch breaks between 12pm and 2pm so expect to wait during that time...so usually you will apply and get certificates the next day...also you dont need a muslim certificate to state your religion ( i got 1 and it wasnt needed)... traffic and parking is a mess so extra time has to be considered...all the best and good luck ☺
Mabrouk ☺

Mabrouk ,,congratulation :top:

Shokran 😀

Shukran Sister for your introducing the Marriage Procces in Egypth

Welcome

1st.able Congratulation, would like to mention that Algerian men are a good men i have close friends back there in (Kharoub, Qustantina) he will know what i;m talking about.
2nd.able Congratulation both of you have achieved the top 10 heroism list finishing the procedures.
3rd.able last and not least   (I wish you a very happy life)  ..

Thankyou very much ☺

My man and I would like to get married in Egypt he is born islam I'm a revert islam we have been to the canadian embassy in cairo 4 times already have everything done there now they tell us I have to have my marriage certificate and late husbands death certificate stamped in a Egyptian embassy in canada I need advise on this has anyone run into this problem please advise me on this on what needs to be done thank you Roka

My man and I would like to get married in Egypt he is born islam I'm a revert islam we have been to the canadian embassy in cairo 4 times already have everything done there now they tell us I have to have my marriage certificate and late husbands death certificate stamped in a Egyptian embassy in canada I need advise on this has anyone run into this problem please advise me on this on what needs to be done thank you Roka

Greetings from India !

My man and we decide to get married in india. He is from Egypt. Myself from India.. so I would like to know what's the procedure to follow up for married in Egypt... For example what documents paper need to take with me before I reach Egypt.. i will be highly obliged.

Thanks & Regards.

Nungshilemla