Student visa to Employment Pass

Hi,

Greetings for the day.

I am having student visa (valid of 2 years) and if I am able to get a contract job (say 10 months), then:
1. What is the process for changing the student visa to employment pass? Will it be done by employer?
2. How much would it cost?
3. How much time would it take for the entire process?
4. What will be the duration of the new employment pass?
5. Once I complete the work, how do I need to get the student visa?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Fahim

Hi Fahim,

First of all you should know what is Employment Pass.

The Employment Pass (EP) is a work permit that enables an expatriate to take up employment with an organisation in Malaysia. The pass is subject to the contract of employment (up to 60 months). The Expatriate Committee (EC) or relevant authorities must give approval for the foreign talent to fill a position before the issuance of an expatriate Employment Pass can be made by the Immigration Department of Malaysia.

Means EP is like a Sponsor Visa in Malaysia, where Company will hire you  under their name. After EP, without their permission you cannot change the visa status. On you Pass ( Visa) stated  full company name and address. So, you are allow to work only on that company and address.

If you are still student then you are not eligible to apply for EP. If you end your studies then you can apply for work and EP can be get via company/organization.

Hops infos are helpful for you. god bless.

Thanks
SAM

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the detailed info'.

Regards,
Fahim