Bus Service in Tripoli?

hi guys,

is there any local bus service in Tripoli from Internation airport to main city and from main city to international airport? If yes then what are its timings and the fare?

As i travel after every three months so i reach tripoli airport at 9am but my flight for Dubai is always between 3.30 - 4pm. And i get bored staying 6 hours in da airport just for doing nothing. So pls help me. i am travelling again on this 24.

Thanks

A bus ?! :D:D:lol:

Arrange taxi and arrive there when you want. It is much more easier than to find a bus in Tripoli :)

There is no. 16. It stops right in front of 5th Terminal. It takes a while to gets to the city but don't worry. On it's way to the city center it passes red line underground. Just get off at Bu Slim Station (ask the driver he will point you to the right direction). But beware and watch out! Get on the right train. You don't want to end up in Tajura:)

If you fancy some sight seeing, get one bus stop earlier. It's Tripoli central. Take a train to Janzour, then catch any bus going through Gargaresh, fancy shops, restaurants, cafes, pret a porter on sidewalks. If you have only few hours - perfect stop.

Watch out on the weekends. 16 turns into 4 then. It does not stop everyhwere. Take underground for sure. Of course if you want to get to the center you will have to take yellow line, but the signs are quite clear, as usual in Libya. As 4 is a special express line they don't accept your monthly Tripoli Transport Card so be ready to spent extra 50 qirsh.

Anyhow, it's really the best transport experience ever.

Hey Thanks Aqu for ur friendly suggestion and wysoki lolz its better to take taxi rather then taking bus i dont want to be sooooo early to tripoli city hehehe :)

wysoki wrote:

There is no. 16. It stops right in front of 5th Terminal. It takes a while to gets to the city but don't worry. On it's way to the city center it passes red line underground. Just get off at Bu Slim Station

is this a joke?... "red line underground?"... trains?
where have I been?
fk

Note: Red line trains only available for military personnel, government officials & NOC employees.

But currently it doesn't operate at all as Siemens is on the black list and they used Siemens trains...