Vet prices for injections?

What is the current price for owning a pet (dog) in Hungary? I am thinking of getting a dog and wandered what veternary fees immediately come to mind and need paying? I would buy the dog from Hungary, so no need for transport etc costs. So how much is a pet passport, general and yearly injection and so forth.

Thank you for your time

It's been 20 odd years since we took my MIL's many cats to the vet in Erd.
Don't know the current prices on vet fees .
A tip though, as we walked by the veterinary college in the 7th district of Budapest yesterday, my husband read the sign posted at the gate.( You could always look up their business hours online)
They have a vet clinic and after hours emergency  services.
I am guessing that these are students working under the supervision of a vet.
The fees should be lower then a private vets office.
Over the years I have noticed most Hungarians take very good care of their pets but sometimes things are a bit shocking, not everyone treats their pets like a beloved family member.
I used to try walking in the summer evenings in Erd and by dusk  packs of roving dogs followed me , some didn't look very friendly either. I was really frightened and stop taking those summer walks.
Other times on my early morning walk to the gym I could see many dogs on short chains laying in the dirt, upsetting stuff to animal lovers.
I have noticed these days that there are several pet bath houses, a sort of do-it-yourself self serve place to groom your pet. Slowly but surly things seem to be improving for pets everywhere.
In the countryside things are not as regulated as far as animal rights go.
Once had to stop our car and scream in broken Hungarian at a group of boys, about 6 of them with their adult fathers not far away. They were drowning  a kitten in the backyard rusty old bathtub. Common way to get rid of unwanted litters.
The poor wet thing ran away but we were unable to find it. The father's obviously could see what they boys were doing and seemed to approve it as they all ran up to the fence to yell back at me in Hungarian. My husband had me jump in the car and we sped away, they looked like they were about ready to drown me as well for not minding my own business.

HelenLancert wrote:

I would buy the dog from Hungary

Better to adopt then buy.

The Hungarian database of homeless pets is one option to look into.

City animal shelters should also provide information about or actual vaccinations for the animal.

HelenLancert wrote:

What is the current price for owning a pet (dog) in Hungary? I am thinking of getting a dog and wandered what veternary fees immediately come to mind and need paying? I would buy the dog from Hungary, so no need for transport etc costs. So how much is a pet passport, general and yearly injection and so forth.

Thank you for your time

As you may know, there's a crisis in the UK on vet's charges which will start here as well.  It's getting too expensive. So people are either dumping their animals or having them put down for trivial matters.    Not a good state of affairs. It's a good idea to have pet insurance, which is essential in the UK these day but here, I doubt you can buy it.  If you plan to live in an apartment at any time, it's not good to have an animal in there all the time alone.  Countryside is a different matter. 

While I'm at it - as a person living in the burbs I'm continuously irritated by dog doo on the grass outside our place.  People think OUR living environment is suitable for THEIR dog toilet.  Absolutely selfish.