What to do during 5 hour transit in Nairobi before I fly to Mombasa?

I'm travelling to Kenya on May 6th. I land in Nairobi in the morning and I have a ~5 hour wait before my Fly 540 flight takes off to Mombasa.

Any ideas on what I could do during that time?

Once you have landed, passed through Immigration and collected your bags, that will shrink the amount of time that you have, so its probably best to remain at the airport.  Nairobi traffic tends to be heavy (even on Saturday) and can easily delay you significantly, leading to a risk of missing your onward flight.

Also bear in mind that Fly 540 operate from the domestic terminal, which is a few minutes walk away.

There are coffee shops etc where you can sit.

Thanks Longonot62, that's a good point. I suppose I'll have to hang around the airport for a while then.

Actually my Fly 540 ticket says I check in at the "J Kenyatta (JKIA)" which is the international airport, if I'm not mistaken.

Its the Domestic Terminal at JKIA, which is separate from the international one, but at the same airport!

Oh I didn't know that. That's pretty useful to know! :)

Its about 10 mins or so walk from 'Arrivals'.  Its well sign posted and called 'Terminal 2'.  I have pasted a link to Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sa=N&h … :1,lf_ui:2

Not to be confused with Wilson Airport, which is the main domestic airfield in Nairobi!

In Nairobi I would definitely stay put with only five hours. The traffic is horrendous. Have a coffee or a meal at Java House and just relax.

hi,
The above information is very useful... i live around the airport and believe me i wouldn't advice on you leaving for that period.
@TanzonHoliday2016 did you finally get to move to Kenya?

Excellent. Thank you all for the info :)