Where to live without a car?

Hello all!

My name is Elizabeth. I'm an American who will be in Mauritius for the first time this summer for an internship to finish my degree.
I'll be working partly at Ile aux Aigrettes and partly on my computer wherever I can find an internet connection.

Considering my work locations and lack of a car, where would be a good place to look for housing so I won't have to travel on a bus for more than an hour?
I'm definitely excited to learn the bus systems to get around, so a location/city with a good amount of close bus stops would be fantastic.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Hi,

If you will be working at Iles aux Aigrettes and will be relying on the bus network, the best areas to live would be Blue Bay or Pointe d'Esny. They are approximately 10 to 5 mins respectively by bus from the nearest embarkation point to Iles Aux Aigrettes.

Blue Bay and Pointe d'Esny are small resort areas with decent accommodation options.

Thank you Winston!

By resort towns, do you mean mainly tourist areas?

Tourist, expat and resident alike...

Hi Elizabeth,
I used to live in Mahebourg  which is close to that Island you are going to work.
I was in Mauritius couple of weeks ago.
I still have friends who live there and willing to help.
I used to live and study in Texas. I am living in England at the moment.
James

Thank you for your help, James!
I've forgotten to update this, but I did find a place to live close to the area.