Living in Trou Aux Biches

My husband and I are English and looking to buy a property in Mauritius and really liked Trou Aux Biches when we visited. 

Does anyone live there and do you have any tips on the best properties to purchase.  We will initially be looking to buy the property as an investment so will rent it out but the plan is to then retire there in the future.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jackie

Hello I have a bungalow which I am renovating with swimming pool and i have just started doing it ...would you like to buy it and renovate at your convenience let me know tks
asha

\

Nursinghdass wrote:

Hello I have a bungalow which I am renovating with swimming pool and i have just started doing it ...would you like to buy it and renovate at your convenience let me know tks
asha

\

Hello there,

Please note that foreigners cannot buy anything and anywhere in Mauritius. There is a law drafted on this called the Non Citizen Property Restriction Act.

Foreigners as of now can only buy in Integrated Resort Schemes (IRS), Real Estate Schemes (RES), Investment Hotel Schemes (IHS) and apartments worth more than MUR 6 million in a building of more than 2 storeys.

Then again, all this potential purchases are subjected to the approval of the Board of Investment (BOI) and the Prime Minister's Office (PMO).

Hi Winston,

Thank you for the valuable information and the property we are looking at does fall within the government guidelines.  I am looking to get an idea of what it is like to live in the region of Tou Aux Biches - do you know?

Thanks in advance

Jackie

TOB is a tourist and resort area, like the rest of the North of Mauritius for that matter. Many big hotels and spas there. 

It is more quiet than some other towns nearby like Grand Bay but there's stuff to keep yourselves busy.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Details plz..  carpet  area , bedrooms , toilets, photos   rent  ETC.

ramlojay wrote:

The OP is NOT a Mauritian citizen and as WinstonH has said is  allowed only to buy IRS/RES/or R+2 apt

Know the law before promoting your house ( which btw is not allowed on this forum)

i live some 5 minutes to Trou aux biches and i can say that there you will really appreciate and if you are looking for a place to rent to start with io can help.  Please tell me what are you looking for and i can divert you there as i requently go there.  I also have one friends who have new luxurious appartment almost finish at Pereybere i think you will really appreciate i can make you in contact with then with his legal adviser you can see what is the next step.

Rgds,

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : post your ad in the housing section please. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Winstons thks to know as one of my friend plan to buy too.  I would request Jackie to look for something at Balaclava not far from Trou aix biches and 5 minutes near where i stay its very interesting there.

Shirley

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : please give useful info instead of only your contact number. Thank you