Visa and apartments

Looking for info. On apartment's and obtaining a visa.

Hi Rey Arthuro, you might find my post about finding accommodation in Bogota useful.

Regarding visas, it depends what type of visa you would be looking for. Often the best idea is to come to Colombia and then start looking for jobs. Employers can then give you the documents you need in order to apply for a work visa.  You might find my post on How to find a job in Bogota useful.

If you need immigration advice and would like to hire a lawyer, you could ask for James Lindzey, who can be contacted via this website.

Good luck!

Hi Thanks

I have read most of your blogs.  Yes bogota is different, to navigate more so than other cities.  We have been on most every site looking for a place and seemed have found a way to search.
During the day I walk different areas to look for apartment's.  I take photos of the signs and a street or building with address and then at night we call people and set appointments for the next night or on weekend.
We finally have some prospects that might lead to a good apartment. We are looking in Chapinera as she works in this area.

There are a couple different visas that we are looking into. Pension or partner. I can do the pension, but if we have partner, she can put me one her insurance .
We are getting all the papers ready for either, we have not decided.
I enjoy you blogs so keep writing.  Do people, foreigners get together here somewhere?
Thanks,
Arturo