Close

Any quiet and cozy hospitals in hong kong for cancer patients

I have been living in HK for quite a long time. I have a family member dealing with breast cancer. She’s been staying at the sanatorium & hospital and it is really, really busy. I hope I don’t come across as ignorant or racist but most of the other patients there seem to be mainlanders and they are really intense. I am worried that it would hinder the healing of my family. Has anyone got recommendations for a quieter medical facility in Hong Kong?

I’ve been living here for 20 years. The city is swamped with mainland Chinese ...I heard from the news that a pregnant woman from the mainland had hot pot on the ward!

Hi Sarahjen,

Welcome to expat.com. :)

I'd invite you to consult the Health in Hong Kong section to find the list of health institutions in Hong Kong.

You can also have a look at the following link for more information on the Health & Medical Services available in the region:

- https://www.gov.hk/en/residents/health/hosp/

Good luck.

Regards,

Sarvesh
expat.com team

Well..If u don’t mind and looking for rt(radio-therapy) for bc, i could introduce the adventist oncology centre which also provides a caring and tranquility to you

PoolPolas: Yes i hv checked their website. Do you know any doctors that i can rely on?

florymoon: I have heard of that too. Hospitals here are jam-packed! I am desperate to move my family to a different hospital...

any ideas?

I recommend Dr. Hilda Wong or Dr. Cheung Foon Yiu at HKIOC.

You can find more on their website: www.hkioc.com.hk

Good luck.

I’ve just asked my friend. Let me pm you his contact, check your inbox.

oh, thx poolpolas, got that!

-HK Sanatorium
-Adventist Hospital

hope it helps!

Expatriate health insurance in Hong Kong

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Hong Kong

Moving to Hong Kong

Find tips from professionals about moving to Hong Kong

Travel insurance in Hong Kong

Enjoy stress-free travel to Hong Kong