Seeking a move to The Philippines

Hi all,

My name is Gary. I'm a 32 year old guy living in Surrey, a country just south of London. I'm employed here working as a Mechanical Technician for an engineering company.

I have visited The Philippines twice now for vacation and always find myself wishing I could stay.

Any information on how it could be possible to turn this dream into a reality would be great.

I'm keen to work over here, not necessarily in Engineering, but just something that will allow me to live a relatively comfortable life. Is there any jobs or careers anyone could recommend for expats in the philippines.

Any ideas or opportunities would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Gary

there's a lot of engineering jobs in the Philippines. Try to search jobstreet or look into facebook expats living in the Philippines. But the best way is to get hired is in your home country and be assigned  in the  Philippines that way you can get an expatriates compensation benefits.

Hello GBuddery,

Welcome to https://www.expat.com. :)

Please consult the Jobs in the Philippines for more information about the job offers available in the country.

I'd also invite you to create a CV in the same section to increase the visibility of your profile which could lead to getting in touch with potential recruiters.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. :)

Regards,

Sarvesh
https://www.expat.com team

Thank you both very much for your responses.

I aim to upload my CV onto the jobs section this weekend and hopefully something will come up soon.

Thanks again,

Gary

GBuddery wrote:

Hi all,

My name is Gary. I'm a 32 year old guy living in Surrey, a country just south of London. I'm employed here working as a Mechanical Technician for an engineering company.

I have visited The Philippines twice now for vacation and always find myself wishing I could stay.

Any information on how it could be possible to turn this dream into a reality would be great.

I'm keen to work over here, not necessarily in Engineering, but just something that will allow me to live a relatively comfortable life. Is there any jobs or careers anyone could recommend for expats in the philippines.

Any ideas or opportunities would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Gary

Howdy,

The Philippines is a great place to live but is mostly a retirement move destination. There are job here but they are few and far between. Most will not pay anything close to what you would expect; maybe $800us dollars per month.
Also, to work here a company must get for you a work permit visa otherwise you run the risk of arrest and deportation.

Most expats that work here have jobs as a hotel or bar manager and some work as supervisors at call centers. Not a lot to choose from but it is work.

Best thing is to spend as much time here in country to check out job availability and also to make sure living in a 3rd world country is something that suites you and that you can tolerate.

Best Of Luck

Thanks for the reply Navajo52.

Alot of well pointed out facts. From my own research also I can see that the job market isn't as flamboyant as here in the UK. Unfortunately I'm some way off retirement yet, haha, so I plan to keep looking for any jobs available over there or possibly somewhere near. Hong Kong for example.

It would be great to spend as much time in The Philippines as possible. I've traveled to many places all over the world and phili is my favourite, but I'm sure living there is a whole lot different to just holidaying there. Hopefully I'll get a chance to find out the differences for real someday.

Thanks again

I advise you to look for agencies first in UK that sending workers to Philippines. have you heard Aerospace? they are open for engineer's  they are based here in Philippines but a British company. something similar like that

If you get a job here, and that's a big if, you will learn how to live in poverty in a 3rd World Country. Not the tourist resort living that you might envision.