Get Together Party

Hi guys,

First, It was a pleasure to meet some of you already personally.

Through the meetings and forums in expat-blog website, I can see that a lot of people are interested in meeting others.

For the one who don't know me already, I've been living in Istanbul for over 6 years now where I have developped friendship with a lot of English and French speakers (not to mention Turkish :-) ) and I'd like to organise a Get Together party in a friendly environment where we can exchange our experiences.

One of my friend, a French chef, is offering to prepare free nibbles for this occassion so we could meet without an empty stomach. We thought that it will be nice if some of  us could also prepare some nibbles, but it's of course not a must...

I thought it will be better to organise a Get Together party in this way, so everybody can enjoy their evening, meeting others and feel free to leave whenever they want instead of  being “stuck” for a full dinner...

For the location and date, it will be, I guess, more convenient for most of us to meet around Taksim. So, I am offering to have this party in Mono Music cafe, Thursday 24 Febuary. I think Thursday is the best day for a meeting like this because weekends are far too busy...

Mono Music café
          Erol Dernek sokak 15/A Beyoğlu
          http://www.gaeabaykus.com/images/Kroki%202.jpg

Let me know through this forum or by message if you like the idea and/or you want to join

Best,

David

Hello Dave !

Is this an open Invitation?
Ive been in Istanbul just over 2 years, and have only recently starting meeting people. I have 2 new girl friends here, both from London - like me. This is something we would love to come along to.

Hello,

Its a good idea, but my opinion is the time is not enough to get people together. It would be better If you organize that event 2 or 3 weeks later.

regards

Hi Dave.
It is a great idea!.. I'd love to meet some new friends to share our experiences. I'll come with some of my expats friends because we all love to have a drink (m sure more)and enjoy good company...
see you on 24 Feb.

B

yes, is a good idea, hope we can meet people with who we can spend time and enjoy

Best regards

Hi Jenna. Of course your friends are very welcome to join... I will personally bring around 20 of mine from different nationalities (British, Turks, French, Spanish, American...)

Hi Sercansari. You probably right, it is not a really long notice for this kind of party, but I am counting on people's spontaneity as it's never easy to put a date...
But I think that if people like meeting others during this evening, it won't be a problem to organise another party with a longer notice, where hopefully more people will be able to join...

Hi Bleue. Thanks for your message. Hopefully, I'll see you and your friends overthere...

Hi Minirin. I believe that it will be an enjoyable evening as everybody (I think) will come for that reason...

Fantastic, hopefully see you then !

Hi Dave,
thank you for your invitation,
I will come with one of my french friend I think ;
See you there,
Bruno

great idea, i've only been here 3 months and would love to meet other expats...just a question what time were you planning the party from?

see you there
carole

Most of the people will start to come around 8...

discussion sticked ;)

Thanks Julien...

I think it's OK for me too. I'll ask friends to know if they want to come (we're french).

I would like to be there, thursday is a bit difficult for me, hope I can make it.

I am in! see you all soon!

good idea make it soon as soon as possible,love to meet new peoples....:)

It's ok for me...Je serai probablement presente!

Hi Dave, thank you for sending the link. And I'm in! :)
Let's keep in touch!

Its great to have a wonderful thought and to put in Place - I am a Indian away from India since last 14 years and staying in Istanbul for more than a year - it would be great to meet all of you.  Please count on me for the get together

Hello,
I would love to join as well ... but I might come late around 22:30 .. I don't know if you will be still there !!

Safa

Hi guys!

I'm very glad to see that people are really in the mood for this party...

So far, in just couple of days, over 50 people said YES for it

Safa, don't worry about the time. I'm sure that most of the people will still be there...

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the invite. I'd like to come.
cheers
May

hi dave
thanks for the invitation.its a perfect idea.
i'll be there.
c u

Hi Julien,

As you know through this forum, a lot of us tries to have a get together party here in Istanbul to finally meet each other (by the way thanks again for supporting the idea and sticked this discussion).

Unfortunately, by trying to invite as much as I can people to make this party nicer, I've been blocked to send private message (even to you by the way :-)) and as you can see most of the people contacted me through PM. I, of course believe that is a very good thing to have an automatic system to prevent scams and I think nobody should complain about it, but could you please unblocked me so I can continue to invite people...

Thanks again

Im definitely in too...

Hey Dave,
It sounds like a great idea and its perfect that its being held in Mono, I go there every weekend anyway! :) count me in :) is anyone else going alone? Really fancy a night out without my bf!! :)

Hello Istanbuldave,

Everything is explained in this link:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23238&p=5

Our anti-spam system dislike "copy-paste" message!

Regards

:lol: I actually manually unblocked your PM system before reading your message

I'll try to be there, but be at 22:00-22.30

Sounds great! I'm in too! Since it will be my first time coming to an expat meeting, (and first time to that venue) will there be a table for us? How do we find each other?

Hope to meet you all!
ps: I'll bring my other expat gf and fiance.

Thanks Julien! That's great!

Hey Guys! nice to see that more and more people are coming... It looks like this party will be really good

Hi, I am in too. I think it will be super. Thank you Dave..

I'll see ye there lads!

Thank you for the invite David!
I am sure thanks to you we will have great time on thursday ;)

Sounds good ! I will try to be there .

Welcome on board bibak ;)

A short presentation may be!!

Well, that's a wonderful idea... Congrulations for the idea Dave... Speaking from experience: These kind of parties are difficult to hold, so i'm sure that you put your heart in it... I hope that you all attendant have upmost fun... :)

If i wasn't busy with completing my military duty at the moment (as a "lieutenant" that is) i would definately come too... Maybe next time then...

"Have fun all" again for once more... ;)

Hey Angelus! Thanks for your nice message... Of course, not that easy to organise but happy to see that around 100 people will come from 17 nationalities:)
Hope we can do it again in a near future and you be able to join...

By the way, I forgot to introduce myself... I will help David for this party organisation and prepare some food...

Hi Angelus! Yes, thanks for the msg and fred thanks for organising the food...