Search for old army friend

My wife & I are planing to visit Mauritius later this year & I am hoping meet up with an old Army friend. During the early 70's we served  together in 60 Field Sqn, Royal Engineers, Invicta Park Barracks, Maidstone. UK.
He was a Mauritian by the name of Mario Francois.
I'am not sure where he went on leaving the Army. He may have returned to Mauritius.
If he did return to Mauritius I am hoping somebody may be able to put me in touch with him.

My name is Ross Garwood. He would also know me has Taff Garwood.

I know this is a bit of a long shot but thanks for any assistance.

Hi,

From your post, I gather that the last time you met/saw him was in the early 70's?

If he indeed returned to Mauritius and still living today or he moved to another country, the best way to know would be through an announcement on a popular local radio and hope the message gets relayed and picked up by himself or a friend/relative.

The other way is the bureaucratic one...that is going through the police registry, civil status office, passport office, etc.

Thanks for the reply & suggestions Winston.

I've tried through various Army contacts without success. I will need to consider other lines of enquiry.
If I don't have any luck prior to arriving in Mauritius, your idea about an announcement on a local radio station is worth a try.

Thanks again for your suggestions.