Dirt Bike riding

Hi

Anyone knows a dirt riding group here in Riyadh?

Nope, but there should be a few on this forum that does!  Come on guys, help him out here!

The search continues buddy...we're still missing 2 more bikes :) Then we'll have our own group. With you as the teacher of course.

if kohbar to riyadh isn't too far i'd be in for a day out on a bike as soon as i can sort one out, though could be a little while as i don't get out there till early march

R80,

Riyadh - Khobar is 425kms one way. Ridden this stretch several times, get boring, but the violent slipstream from the trucks (when u pass them) keeps you awake. LoL !!!

Listen mate, you get urself here first and help me build up the khobar-dirtbike group. only then can you go around helping the riyadh ppl. OK ?

cheers
Vicks

ok vicks will do btw what sort of bikes are there and how much? i would like to be able to get something similar to my baby here at home and would like to go off road a bit too learn some sand riding (is that allowed/ill-advisable?

stay on the gas guys

R80 - first come here - the traffic is very dangerous. That's what is stopping all the guys from buying bikes. Very rarely do U see a bike but I have seen most of the brands - my fav..the Harley shop  :) other bloggers will tell U the prices.

R80GS'er wrote:

ok vicks will do btw what sort of bikes are there and how much? i would like to be able to get something similar to my baby here at home and would like to go off road a bit too learn some sand riding (is that allowed/ill-advisable?

KTMs, Yamahas, Hondas, 2strokes & 4, used, brand new, even a 1150GS and a 650GS IIRC. Sand riding is fun once you get the hang of it. I ride my 990Adventure with a friend on his KTM525sx. A heavy bike ala KTM990, GS1200/1100/650 will be more work and a lighter mx/enduro bike will be perfect. Floatation is key to sand riding. Come down here and we will take care of your training ;-)

Sparrow wrote:

R80 - first come here - the traffic is very dangerous. That's what is stopping all the guys from buying bikes. Very rarely do U see a bike but I have seen most of the brands - my fav..the Harley shop  :) other bloggers will tell U the prices.

Hey, why don't you stop walking and breathing ? there are cars/trucks on the roads and the air is filled with toxic pollutants you know ?

c'mon gimme a break.

The traffic is only as dangerous as careless you are while driving/riding. There are no drunk drivers here atleast. What do you say about that ?

I know you ride pillion on the harley, but then not all motorcyclists ride hardley ablesons you know ? We also ride proper bikes in summer & winter, rain and on dirt roads and don't select the straightest roads with the least amount of traffic to ride our bikes after 2 months of spit shining them.
So, what is it that you like about the Harley ? the shiny chrome ? the 12ltr tank capacity ? the noise it makes without making any power ? the 2-inch suspension travel ? the 8ft wheelbase ? the 20mtr turning radius ? the handling characteristics of a 18wheeler truck ? the WW2 era engine with pushrods and chain drive primary ? Oh no, you like the harley merchandise, the bandana, the frilled jackets, the assless chaps which they (harley) sell more than they sell bikes.

I commute to work on my bike during winters and sometimes even in the summers (though i arrive at work with a sticky shirt!!). My motorcycle is not a "lifestyle statement" for me. Its my means of "transport", not just a piece that i show off at traffic stops by revving the nuts off ... "look at me.. look at me.."

edit PS: Sorry for the long rant sparrow. I apologise for coming across as a prick, but i am not going to delete my above post. Its a good read/laugh. Once again, sorry if i hurt your feelings.

yeah so ner nerni ner ner

lol

i ride because that is what i do i live my bike there isn't much in the world that i treasure above the joy and pleasure of riding being around those that ride.

and also i don't own a car

Hey Vicks brother, My Harley IS MY lifestyle statement. What I like about it? ..is that I pick up chicks more easily with it.

Vicks, I like your rant actually it tells me you need to find a girlfriend.

Vicks wrote:

I commute to work on my bike during winters and sometimes even in the summers (though i arrive at work with a sticky shirt!!). My motorcycle is not a "lifestyle statement" for me. Its my means of "transport", not just a piece that i show off at traffic stops by revving the nuts off ... "look at me.. look at me.."

Everything you just said makes it seem as if you are saying "look at me, look at me"
If you have a passion and admiration for motorcycles, you will respect all two wheel machines. No matter what make or model.

As for your walking/breathing rant and about dangers being everywhere out there. Well, there is a big difference when drivers are non respectful to even other cars here. That, combined with horrible road conditions, it just doesn't add up. So yeah, riding on the street is more dangerous in Saudi Arabia than riding in Europe/Stateside.

Sparrow wrote:

Hey Vicks brother, My Harley IS MY lifestyle statement. What I like about it? ..is that I pick up chicks more easily with it.

Vicks, I like your rant actually it tells me you need to find a girlfriend.

Bingo !!! this is exactly what the marketing dept of Hardley set out to do in the 70s-80s when their sales fell. They sold a "lifestyle" cos they didn't have a competent machine to sell to people who cared about performance, handling, reliability, utility & function. They created the "bad biker" image and told everyone that if you let your beard grow, had a pot belly, couldn't handle twisty roads and couldn't be bothered to work on your bike, you could throw some cash and get a hardley, ride up to the bars (two blocks away) and "get some chicks".

So, you bought your harley to "pick up chicks" ? man, i used to do that on a piddly 180cc a decade ago !!!! don't need a hardley for that.

I got a wife who will beat other chicks away. don't bother.

beezer wrote:
Vicks wrote:

Everything you just said makes it seem as if you are saying "look at me, look at me"
If you have a passion and admiration for motorcycles, you will respect all two wheel machines. No matter what make or model.

As for your walking/breathing rant and about dangers being everywhere out there. Well, there is a big difference when drivers are non respectful to even other cars here. That, combined with horrible road conditions, it just doesn't add up. So yeah, riding on the street is more dangerous in Saudi Arabia than riding in Europe/Stateside.

How so ? I ride my ride and don't keep revving my bike at traffic lights OR in when i ride in front of restaurants/crowded places. I ride cos i wanted to "ride" not so that other people can notice me and be jealous about me, my bike, my leather chaps etc. So, how am i saying "look at me" ? I admire some harleys. I admire the V-rod and all the Buells (not an iota bcos of the engines on them however), what i donot even remotely admire is the combination of the hardleys and their riders who like to draw attention to themselves by using their bikes (straight pipes, over revving, assless chaps, armless frill jackets, chrome, ape hanger bars etc). You get my point ?

So, assuming that you are "passionate about all 2 wheeled machines" whats your ride mate ?

You say "riding on the steet is more dangerous in saudi arabia than in Europe/stateside. We know that streets are more dangerous in London/US than in all of middle-east due to the high gun/knife crime rates. Will you stop walking while you are back home ?

Let me say it again, it is only as dangerous as you can make it. OK ? I might go out now and have an accident after saying all this, but it will be partly due to my own fault. Don't go around blaming the traffic conditions if you are not able to handle it and ride a bike. Others are doing it. They are probably more carefull/attentive/capable than you !!!

cheers
Vicks

This could go on forever. So I'm just going to end it with the following..

I've raced, professionally, as a full time job in the 600cc class, received my fair share of recognition, and my fair share of sponsorships, as well as a nice track record here and there.

I don't know what you're riding or how long you've been riding, but no one I've met in the 3yrs that I've done professionally has had the attitude that you seem to have. And just so you don't start going about it being 3yrs, that's 3 professional years. Overall riding is much more :D

And anyone who knows anything about real riding will know and agree that you won't be able to reach 40% of your bikes potential on Riyadh streets. So that may work for you and a bunch of other guys, but I'm always left wanting more here. Have a good one buddy, and let's stop hi jacking this thread. You keep riding your whatever, and have fun with those flat worn 10cm chicken strips that make you the extreme rider that you are.

http://i56.tinypic.com/108gr2c.jpg

Good to know that you raced on the tracks. I haven't.

I'll ride my bike with 3inch chicken strips and you can ride your, oops.... you don't ride cos the streets are too dangerous or whatever. And remember, i'm just a daily/casual rider, not the wannabe "biker" you are talking about.

thanks for the time pass though.

cheers
Vicks

Yeah Vicks, Im gonna end this thread to - Bezzers pic should look like a mirror to you.

Im a chick myself, I was pulling the pss out of you.

Learn to be kind with what you scribe on this blog.

We all in this sandpit together...some stones are bigger than others and need to be respected because they can puncture your tyres.

Enjoy your journey!

Check this site:

http://riyadhwheelers.com/

Riyadh Wheelers is a bicycle racing club, not a cycling club.

There used to be a Moto Cross course beside a Go-Kart track on the way out to Al Kharj. Not sure if either of these facilities exist anymore. I think they were part of the ABV Roc group.

There are a lot of Harley/big bike riders & a few dirt bike riders based at the Bae/Salwa Garden Village Compound. I will call a friend who has dirt bikes & get back with more information.

Chris

Tudorrose97, the owner of the thread has moved on. He's not wanting any info anymore. Thanks for trying anyway. ;)

Sparrow wrote:

Yeah Vicks, Im gonna end this thread to - Bezzers pic should look like a mirror to you.

Im a chick myself, I was pulling the pss out of you.

Learn to be kind with what you scribe on this blog.

We all in this sandpit together...some stones are bigger than others and need to be respected because they can puncture your tyres.

Enjoy your journey!

Allright thread ender, pls tell me how this pic should look like a mirror to me ? cos i don't like harley riders who are pretentious pricks ?

Wow you are puling the piss out of me ? while i am telling you that you hardley ppl need to get a life and ride your bikes more often instead of just hanging around the merchandise section and that other ppl need not be scared away from buying a bike or riding in Saudi by guys who are themselves scared of riding on these roads ? great !!

If you two think that you are pulling the piss out of me, then pls continue to live in your dream castles.... i don't care.

If you had gone out into the desert you would have noticed that the big stones you see in the desert are most of the times "tough looking" lumps of sand which crumple into dust with a kick of the foot. Something to ponder over......

no hard feelings
Vicks

Hello members,

This discussion is becoming off-topic. Let's calm down!! No silly clashes please.

Chris -

Can you let me know about any small CC dirtbikes for sale pls?  I'm 70KM south of Khobar but can get to Riyadh no trouble to view/collect.  Cheers, David

hi every1,, i have a yz450f ( a true beast)i usually go dirt biking in the outer riyadh with my son, yah he rides 100cc & he beats me every time lol, could u count me in
thanks a bunch

yah chris there's a place east riyadh they sell all kind of used dirt bikes quads atv honda,yamaha,ect.with all the gears or part u might need  they also do all kind of maintenance with reasonable prices ask 4 abu tariq he's the owner tell'm sammy with yz450f sent u & he'll take gd care of u,,gr8 luck
here's some info abt the shop
  mstaml.com/section/item.php?i=1300245
here's his mobile # 0504212274

sparrow! U r riding a bike?huh?! I mean u do biking?!
Btw, Merry Christmas!

Hey There

I Have a dirt bike riding group in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. we mostly ride sand dunes, some time will hit the track in mecca road, plus we are starting our own privet track in Al-Qasim. Located on exit 16, our show room + work shop will supply you with any spare parts, riding apparel and used Dirt Bike (2 stroke and 4 stroke )  so if your interested in joining pleas contact me at [email protected].

Ride Safe

Hi Bro are you still here in KSA? lets ride
:/

Hi guys. I've arrived in Riyadh couple of weeks ago. Have so many questions. Is anyone still riding in Riyadh? Any groups? Is there any dealership for new/used bikes? Any shops for a riding gear? When does a season start/end? Is in possible to ride at summer?

Blukher wrote:

Is anyone still riding in Riyadh? Any groups? Is there any dealership for new/used bikes? Any shops for a riding gear? When does a season start/end? Is in possible to ride at summer?

Welcome To Riyadh, first of all this is a very old thread, for better response and replies Pls Post a new topic on the forum.
There are loads of dealership for new bikes, you can get your hands on anything in the market. Second hand market isn't tho well defined. There are many shops for riding gear too. Usually the bike season is from November to March. Haven't seen bikes on road Tho In summer season. Hope it answers most of your queries. Happy Biking !!

Hi saimans,

Thank you for your reply. I will post it as new topic.
Could you please share dealership/shop addresses? Or suggest where I can find them? I've tried to google it, but no success so far :(

There is online shop for MX Gear at low price in Riyadh :idontagree:

We have mx team here in riyadh

Looking for dirt bike. Like crf kxf ect.

We have friend ktm 525cc want to sale reason for sale vacation

We have dirt bike team here in riyadh. If you want to join

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details + multiple posting pls

Yo we have a group

Hello Rakanalq,

This is an old thread and the last reponse dates back to 2015. It is unlikely that you will receive more responses from the members who had previously contributed to it.

Do not hesitate to create topics of your own.

Thank you,

Diksha
Team Expat.com