Job in Mombasa

Hi
Am a new member in this blog. I got a job offer in Mombasa for $1250. Accomodation and transport wil be provided by the company. is it a good offer? plz advice..

Welcome on Expat.com kn.sajin,

Your discussion has been redirected to Mombasa forum for effective networking. You can also have a look at this website for an insight of the cost of living in Kenya. Hope this might help you!

Regards

Thanks YUD...

$1250/- Savings PM is good in Mombasa.Will they pay you local salary apart from your accomodation & transport. It will cost you atleast Ksh 15000 - 20000/-pm to maintain you.

Thanks tribeafri for ur reply... they wil pay in dollars to my account directly and also this $125o is after tax deduction... so is it ok?

This is fine.Hope you are from Kerala.You will have a good number of Malayalis in Mombasa.It is a nice place to live in.

Thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

Very good offer what kind of job or field.

Hi Kn.Sajin,

$1250 dollars after tax is reasonable for Mombasa. Although it depends with which sector/industry you are working for. If you are alone you should be able to live a relatively normal lifestyle if you know a good house agent and do bulk shopping.

But depending on your lifestyle it may/may not be enough

hi
my name is ryan that job offer is proble gone. but could you tell me what the job involed and if there would be any more 

cheers

ryan

You need to know about other stuff like:

Apart from $1250 what else is the company giving:

1.Local Salary
2.Medical expenses.
3.Water ,Electricity.
4.Driver,Maid.
5.Family or bachelor accommodation.
6.Kids education
7.Paid leave and return airfare to your country .

What if you have to pay for all these and are left with nothing?

Hi,
That is a good salary to have,considering that the company is taking care of your accommodation and transport. Just be sober enough not to squander all your salary,considering that Mombasa is  "Mji wa raha",a town of fun and leisure.
Otherwise, Karibu Kenya!

I am a Zambian looking to migrate. I have been thinking of East Africa especially Kenya. I am a Social Work degree holder, but i I have worked more as an HR person . Think I could find something suitable.

hi,I think you can find a job here. u realized that there is always a job opening somewhere. Try and google Kenyajobs,and see how it goes.
All the best n karibu Kenya in advance!!!