IT Guru out there, help me!!!!

Hi there,
I am looking for someone who can help me to solve a IP configuration setup, very simple for you experts out there but too big for me.
I have few IP devices in my home and i want to get access to them from anywhere.
How can i achieve that?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers,
Domenico

Hi Domenico,

Which type of IP devices are you trying to get access from outside your network?

You will basically need to configure your router to accept incoming connections.
May be more, depending on what you are trying to achieve.

Feel free to share some detail ;)

I have two PCs, one IP camera and one IP HDD connected at my home directly to my wifi router.

What I'd like to achieve is to:
- access my camera and HDD from anywhere
- access (ping) and perhaps login to my PCs from anywhere without using external programs rather than the ones available in Windows such as Remote Desktop Connection.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Hi,
Do you have the reference of your IP cam and IP HDD?

I would see 2 different ways:
1) Connected those to one of your computer at home, and having this computer running H24. Then using RDC to connect to it.
In the case, you need to configure your computer first with the IP HDD and IP cam (Should be the case already I guess), then simply install something like Teamviewer with a fixed password:
https://support.swingcatalyst.com/hc/en … TeamViewer
It should be easy to implement and test outside of your local network.

2) Set up a web based interface to manage your files and cam
You could install something like Librecloud or Pydio to have a nice and fancy web interface to upload, download, share, files or create accounts, etc.. from your HDD.
And use a software like Zoneminder or Shinobi to get web control and access to your live stream.
This is probably more professional, but more complex to implement.

I'll prefer the option 2 (which is also safer in term of system security, etc..) but the option 1 will be the simplest and doable in a very short time.

Let me know if you need some help, I'll have some time this week end to do some geekeries ;)

Thanks dudumomo,
I'll try the options asap.
Cheers