Crime

In yesterday's Observer (the Guardian on Sunday's newspaper in the U.K.) there was a three page article about President Duterte .
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ … ath-squads
To those living in Manila or Davao would you care to comment about this. Death Squads do make it seem that neither place would be very pleasant to move to?

I live in Pula Talavera and have not seen any evidence of any police actively

You need to know President Duterte over 20 yrs ago inherited a City that was indunated with drugs , crime and alot of kidnapping, mainly to demand money from wealthy individuals and foreigners. A great deal of lawlessness existed, from different anti - government groups.He cleaned up the city and made it a very safe place. I have been here 5yrs  and have not seen or heard about rapes and crime in the city. You have to visit the Philippines and talk to people to grasp the many problems that exist. A firm hand is needed if this nation is to progress and catch up with their Asian neighbors. Its a ma mouth task.
Torquay born
Dinky

It's a Newspaper Report!!
You can't believe them.

How can you say that with a straight face? The new report just came out from Du30 loved PNP. Davao is the 4th most dangerous in the country.
Do not mislead people. Just because you havent heard it does not mean its not happening,  surely you have never used shabu or seen it so in your eyes it wouldnt exist.
QC
Manila
Cebu
DAVAO
This report was just released. Facts dont lie pal
politics.com.ph/davao-is-number-4-on-pnps-worst-ph-cities-with-highest-crime-rate/

Rammers wrote:

It's a Newspaper Report!!
You can't believe them.

If this was a Daily mail report I'd assume the paper was complaining Duterte hadn't killed enough dealers but since the Guardian is pro anything left wing, I assume they're complaining too many dealers are being killed.
I trust neither of those pathetic rags to do anything as wild as tell the truth.

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/most … world.html

Surely these things are realative?
Ok. Davao is the Largest City in the Philippines, and only the 4th Most dangerous.
Above is a link to World Atlas list of the most Dangerous Citys in the World, and this doesn't contain one Philippine City. Isn't this is a big Plus for our Country, considering the Poverty here?