Franco South African Marriage contract

I am looking for information concerning antenuptial marriage contracts.

I am French and my fiancé is South-African/British. We have plans to open a business in South Africa in the future but we are living in Paris, France at the moment. I already lived in Johannesburg.

We are going to get married under French law to insure that our children receive European citizenship but we want to sign a contract that is valid in South Africa.

Do any of you guys know about this type of thing? Thanks in advance for your help.:)

Welcome on the forum Lucie&Evan,

I hope that other members will comment on this issue soon.

Regards

Problem solved! ;-)

Hi Lucie&Evan,
I'd love to know what you foudn out.

My situation is very similar to yours: French getting married to a South African citizen at the end of the year & relocating to Cape Town afterwards.

Still not really sure what to do with the ante-nuptial contract...

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Julien

Jujube974 wrote:

Hi Lucie&Evan,
I'd love to know what you foudn out.

My situation is very similar to yours: French getting married to a South African citizen at the end of the year & relocating to Cape Town afterwards.

Still not really sure what to do with the ante-nuptial contract...

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Julien

contact any legal attorney for advise.
in cape town the Law society can also help

Hi.
The marriage will be recognized in South Africa, as long as it is recognized in the country where the marriage was performed., just make sure you have the marriage certificate.
Also if you marry in S.A. the marriage will still be valid in other countries, so I do not foresee any problems for your children even if you do get married in S.A. Or maybe that is something specific to French law..?
Also in S.A. you can marriage in community of property or out of community of property.