Medical Insurance appointed by MOI on visa applications.

Can anyone tell me if Arabian Shield Insurance are the sole appointed medical provider by MOI when you apply for a visitors visa? 

If so the insurance provided only covers Emergency at one hospital in Riyadh. Arabian Shield are very reluctant to give advice and the wed site is always down.  You can only claim if you use ER at the specified hospital not the clinics.

My advice, anyone visiting KSA buy you own Insurance before you come!

Regards

Well, Arabian Shield is not the sole insurance provider. I'll update this thread later today with what other options KSA visitors get.

In fact MOI has appointed some of Saudi providers to staple an insurance policy along with the visit visa. It's mandatory so insurance has to be purchased from appointed Saudi providers.

Whatever company you choose, there will always be a very very limited coverage. This is because it's a short-term low-cost insurance policy.

The best bet would to buy an international plan from a non-Saudi provider (BUPA or MedGulf for example) before you travel -- in addition to what you have to buy alongwith the visa.

Hi Many thanks for the quick reply.  As with everything in KSA its not all clear cut and unless you experience this first hand you cant pass anything on.

Lucky for me I have additional insurance from UK so all is well.  I paid cash for minor treatment and wanted to identify the levels of cover, processes and insurance companies for future visits.  The visa companies don't always provided you with all the information regarding Medical insurance that is provided.

Once again thank you for the speedy reply and sound advice.

Dave

insurance counciltry this link it is the official council for insurance matters

Thank you for posting this important question, I'm trying to get clear info about this medical insurance for my wife before the plan of her visit me, I feel lost, how and where can I find clear and official info.
I think during a year passed since you posted this question you could gather some experience of what to do, if so, can you please help me if you got any updates about health insurance for visitors?
regards.

anyone can help for how to get health insurance for visitor in Saudi