New to forums and feeling lost!

Hi all! We are a family of 4, ( 29, 28, 7 and 2) My parents and sister all live in malta and have been campaigning for us to join them, we have finally decided to... but dont want to say anything yet, our main concerns include school fees for kids, and job availability. Accommodation is not an issue as we plan to live with my parents for a coupla months to settle/acclimatize and save more for a deposit. Also worrying about how well the kiddies will adapt.

I have been looking through other posts but still cant seem to find the answers (me being blind or dense lol)

Any help will be gratefully received xxx

Hello 😊
Its the same as the UK with schools....state schools and private, so you wouldn't have to worry about school feel unless you prefer etc!
As for jobs it depends on what industry you are looking for....its easier sometimes to be here and apply but obviously that's not always an option for everyone.
My husband found his job whilst we were still in London by applying directly to a company he wanted to work for so to cut out agencies, they invited him for an interview and bought him the plane tickets and off he went for two days! He had a great time and he got offered that job four weeks later and we came here last October.
I wish you all the best!
Debbie 😁

Thanks for reply, job wise i have a diploma in childcare bt havent actually worked with children for 10 years so a little out of date, i would be open to anything providing the wages suit our needs does anyone know the minimum wage?xxx

Flick1581 wrote:

Thanks for reply, job wise i have a diploma in childcare bt havent actually worked with children for 10 years so a little out of date, i would be open to anything providing the wages suit our needs does anyone know the minimum wage?xxx

Minimum wage is €4.24 per hour.

Working in child care you may need to speak Maltese.

I am tryin to learn the basics here at home but my sister is doing a course in malta to speak maltese and it was about €30 which i will look into more when i get over there, i also have a friend therewho doesnt speak a word of maltese and is the teacher in the youngest class in a school

Thanks xxx

Hopefully you will be ok, difficult language to learn.