Do you have Buy To Let Cayman Islands Property Advice?

Hi

I am looking to buy a residential property to let out in the Cayman Islands.

Was wondering if there was anyone who could share their experience? Or give their advice to first time buyer?

If you were doing it again, would you? What would you do differently?

What were mistakes you made?
What have you learnt?
Would you buy now if you could?

Any advice/views/opinions are greatly appreciated

Thank you in advanced

Jess

Well, it depends on where and how much, and whether you have visited all the areas in Cayman. Are you here already?

Hi Gordon,

Thank you for replying to me

No I am not in the Cayman Islands (unfortunately) right now and have yet to explore all parts but am reading up on them.

I'd ideally like a multi apt complex suitable for long term rentals and that will quickly be filled if tenants vacate.

Do you have any thoughts ideas or opinions of the best place for that kind of thing?

In town? North side?

I am looking at places up to 2$m KYD

Jess - you can't really do this sort of thing at long distance. You're best to come here for a couple of weeks and discover where the expats like to live, and then sign up with a real-estate broker who subscribes to the multi-listing service.

(By the way, why do the words "Little Cayman" appear beneath your name if you're not there? Nobody is going to rent a place on Little Cayman, except for a short holiday!)

Thanks Gordon

You are right.

The little Cayman was because when signing up it couldn't find Grand Cayman. Strange.

Thank you for replying to me.

If you have any other ideas or tips I'd be glad to know!

Kind regards

Jess