Shipping personal goods from europe to vietnam

Hi, does anyone have info about shipping stuff from europe to vietnam, just personal stuff less than 100kg? approx costs and best companies to use.
Very grateful for advice and personal experience.

For the cheapest price is better to use the post office, but be very careful with the import taxes, they will definitely charge you a big amount, from the value declared, but also from their own guess on the value ( as new), even if those are old t-shirt and shoes... even worst if there are tools, electrical stuff...etc..
Many foreigners had the bad surprise, to have to paid import tax that was way over the value of the actual content...
You should send it to to a trusty Vietnamese name, or at your company (to a Vietnamese)..

ukteacher wrote:

Hi, does anyone have info about shipping stuff from europe to vietnam, just personal stuff less than 100kg? approx costs and best companies to use.
Very grateful for advice and personal experience.

Bring what you can with you as excess luggage and forget the rest.
Lose all the heavy clothing because you won't need it and forget electronics except  laptops, phones and so on.

Thanks very much, good advice, much appreciated,
Its mostly musical stuff i find it hard to leave behind, sounds like i would get stung, my guitars are precious but i can sell amplifiers etc before i go,
Thanks again for your help

As above, I looked at bringing my power tools over, the government wanted more in tax than what they are actually worth. All up they wanted about 3000 usd in taxes on about a ton of personal furniture and items.

wow,, I will take it bit by bit on flights and sell the rest in Europe, the good news is musical stuff is cheap as chips in Vietnam, thanks for your feedback mate