MDEC requirements for Employment pass

Hi all,

My company applied for EP (Category II)for me and we are still in stage1. MDEC is asking for these requrements :

(1) Copy cancellation page of applicant current pass, acknowledgement letter is ready for collection
(2) To advise applicant to cancel the current pass and exit Malaysia until stage 1 approval been obtained.

Can anyone explain to me how to cancel my current pass, what will be my situation after pass cancellation? Is it necessary to exit ?

Thank you.

Hi Osama,

EP II, You never mention why you want to cancel the current pass? You changing the company?

In My case :

2013 i had Tourist Visa and convert to  EP CATII, they asked me to leave the border and back to activate EP II. And i found the way to cancel my Tourist Visa by paying RM500, to cancel without leaving the border.

Thanks, Hope infos are helpful to you.

Best Regards,
Sam

Hi Samada,

Thanks for reply.

The MDEC asked me to cancel my tourist pass so I can get an EP. Can you explain to me why they asked you to leave and how did you solve the problem with 500 RM ??

Hi Oshama,

Yeah exactly  if you are IN with Tourist ( visit pass) then  to cancel that you have to exit, You better go Singapore in the morning and back in the evening. which cost cheaper for you or else go Thailand and back.
If you don't have time then you can ask at Immigration office at Putrajaya to cancel your visit pass by paying.

Thnaks
Regards
SAM

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your helpful information.

Regards,
Osama