American English teacher living in Bang Na, Bangkok

Hello, I'm John Mccarthy.
I have been living in Thailand for 4 years as of February, 2017.

I crossed over from Koh Kong, Cambodia to Trat province.

I stayed there for 2 years.
Then I moved to Sakorn Nakhon for 2 years and now I'm in Bang Na, Bangkok.

I taught English in Japan from 1991-2007.

US Navy 1977-1989 Chief signalman

Thank you,
Respectfully,
john

USNR 1981-1984 here. Welcome!

How would you say teaching English in Thailand is different from teaching in Japan?

I was just finishing my first enlistment in 1981 in Norfolk Virginia at the deperming station. I ran into a cable stretched across deck  on the USS Detroit (AOE4) and was on medical leave.
USNR group came to the deperming station and upgraded some of the heads. When I took a look I thought they didn't finish the job and then I thought they left a signature, they looked to me like they showed how to do things in effect showing the rest of us how to continue, as far as I know no one took up the challenge.

I was on my last ship in 1988 USS Lockwood and I just made e-7. My department Head was all for spending money and we turned the signal bridge into a masterpiece.
All that time  kept a memory of the USNR Group.
Respectfully,
JM Chief Signalman

Hi   John    .  How   are   you  doing  ?  My  name  is   Jane    I  am  the  US    citizen  but   original  from   Bangkok  Thailand  . I  used  to  lived  in  US   and   have  the  degree   there   in TESL   .  But  now  I  move   back  to  Thailand   and   live  in  SaKhon  Naknon   where  is   North  East  of Thailand    now  I  have   small  business  in  Fitness   and  spa   .  I  am   55  years   old   but   look  good   and  young  I   take  good  care   of  myself  .  I   have   business   in  Bangkok  too   which   is  belong  to  my  parents   .  I   go   to  Bangkok  every  month    for   3 to  4  days  .  I  would  like  to  know   Americans  friends   because  I   miss   the  culture  and  want  to  speak  English  more  .  Please   feel  free   to   keep in   touch   my   e mail    is xxx   .  Thank you  and  take  care    .  Jane

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Janpen, I'm in Bang Na.

Telephone xxx

Skype xxx

Call me, Skype is better.

I am planning to return to Sakorn Nakhon in 3 months.

I'm with my partner in Bangkok and we have a small house in Sakorn Nakhon.

Bangkok is OK but I prefer the country.
j

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct