How has your life changed in Ukraine

Hello everyone,

Has your life changed since you moved to Ukraine? If so, in what way?

Tell us more about all the changes in your life regarding your family, job, or friends. What about your frame of mind? How would you define your mood?

Leisure activities improve our health and social interactions. How much time do you dedicate to leisure activities and networking nowadays?

Would you say that your standard of living has improved in Ukraine? What income differences have you noticed?

On a scale of 0 to 10, tell us how much your expatriation to Ukraine has transformed your life (0 = no change, 10 = dramatic change).

We look forward to hearing from you!

Priscilla

My life in Ukraine is very far in front of the standard of life I could expect in the UK as  a pensioner on the standard UK pension with two very small private pensions myself and my Ukrainian Wife have two homes both here in Verknedneprovsk  but so different, one is reasonable size, ie 3 bedrooms  3 sitting rooms conservatory , balcony double garage and good size garden , and the other is a small semi-detached house in the grounds of the local sanatorium 80 yards from the Dnepro and surrounded  by trees and nature what more could I want. My small pension at the moment is equal to about 8 times the national normal wage. Who needs the UK who will not grant my Wife a visa to visit my Daughter and grandson

My life has totally changed since I started my move to Ukraine.

In the UK, as a business owner, I faced huge tax bills every month. There are no incentives from the government to work for yourself and work hard. Taxes are not limited, so the harder you work, the more they benefit. Personally, quality of life in England for the average person is not great. Most things are expensive. This has a knock on effect on everything in life. You need to work harder and longer, which leaves little time for socializing.

In contrast, life in Ukraine is much better. Money goes further. Much further. More importance is placed on family and friends. I have time to socialize. I don't *need* to work excessively long hours to earn a reasonable salary.

Ukraine also offers much more beautiful scenery and there are much more potential to take vacations in the country. In winter, the ski season is very popular. In summer, you can relax by the seaside. I went skiing a few weeks ago in Bukovel; simply amazing. My mood and lifestyle is much more better now.

The UK is attractive to those who don't want to work or have no ambition. It stifles those who actually want to do something, create something or invent something. The government basically say; "we'll take most of that, thank you very much". And don't think about exporting; for a small entrepreneur, they'll complicate things so much that you'll just give up in the end. Or go broke trying.

I see more and more people leaving the UK in the future. When my girlfriend and I had the idea of me coming to Ukraine, I discussed it with friends and colleagues. Those who are 10+ years older than me ALL said "if I was your age/if I was 20 years younger, I'd be doing the same thing". 100% of people. Even now, after I've left, people say the same type of comments.