How has your life changed in Tunisia

Hello everyone,

Has your life changed since you moved to Tunisia? If so, in what way?

Tell us more about all the changes in your life regarding your family, job, or friends. What about your frame of mind? How would you define your mood?

Leisure activities improve our health and social interactions. How much time do you dedicate to leisure activities and networking nowadays?

Would you say that your standard of living has improved in Tunisia? What income differences have you noticed?

On a scale of 0 to 10, tell us how much your expatriation to Tunisia has transformed your life (0 = no change, 10 = dramatic change).

We look forward to hearing from you!

Priscilla

I have had a dramatic change in my life since moving to Tunisia. Not only is life more relaxed here, it is a big difference than living in the Detroit area and hearing gunshots and the police and ambulance sirens all the time.
I was given the wrong medicine a year ago by a doctor and can not work any longer, but with my disability income I am able to live much better than if I stayed in America. The exchange rate is wonderful and I am able to live much better than if I stayed in America.
I have always wanted to go and see the sights in the country, now I am able to go out and enjoy myself without worrying about a time frame that I had before. I don't have to try to do everything in 2 weeks so that I could catch my flight on time. Now if I need to stay someplace for 2 days it is possible to do that.
Life is relaxed here and I am able to sleep without any alarm clock. It has been my dream to be able to do this for the last 30 years that I have been employed.
Some of the customs take getting used to, but that happens in any country. Put everything that you are used to aside and focus on learning everything that you can. This is a country that is rich in history, so get out and enjoy what you see and learn all that you can.

Am hoping tocome and live In Tunisia in the next couple of years so would appreciate any advice you could give me. I am English but been living in Malta for 10yrs, Have been to Tunisia many times so quite used to the customs etc.

I made 20 visits before moving here permanently. Once I moved here there was a whole new world to get used to.
My first few months were spent running all over to get what I needed for my residence card.
There are different things for residents as opposed to tourists.
Did you have any specific questions?

Mainly about where the best place would be to live. Been looking at Bizerte as dont want to be in a tourist area. What do you need to get a residence card?

I needed my passport, a contract from my landlord, 4 passport sized photos, a receipt from western union  (I have no idea why), and a bank check for 150 dinar.

Oh right!!! I have pensions being paid in to my bank account so hoping that will prove that I am self sufficent!!! It seems to be the same as here in Malta. I have a residents card here, Im British, and the same you had to take your passport, photos and a copy of your landlords lease plus bank statement or letter to prove you are bringing money in. Thanks for your help